Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
  1. Member
    Initial impressions from first time Garmin:
    1. Add more combo templates and/or allow user to customize. Lowrance has done this forever.
    2. Allow pages (sonar or chart) to be used more than once in a template. eg. allow side vu to be used in 2 different panes of a 3 or 4 pane combo view.
    3. Add an option to TURN OFF the networked Echomaps on and off feature. (multiple networked graphs power up and down all at the same time from the touch of a single unit).

Bought this setup for Livescope. so far, very impressed with that!

2. Member
    #1 can be done now.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Helm on the Ultra’s would be nice …

I just got my first Garmin so …. And I will probably buy a second Ultra later so having Helm on it so I can watch it would be all good.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

4. Member
    Open recorded sonar log - .rsd file stright on unit as viewer.

5. Member
    Ability to customize gauge screen on UHDs and Ultras
    2014 Skeeter ZX200 w/ 200 YamahaSHO

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Garmin - How about creating a software path for importing/exporting Google Earth Waypoints/Folders between a desktop or laptop and Active Captain for transfer to directly to Garmin Chartplotters without having to use file conversion software. Yeah, that would be cool

7. Member
    1. Networking between all network-capable devices, not just same series.
    2. Synchronization of all active captain data to your account - this is the way it works with Garmin's fitness devices - I can use my Forerunner (watch) and see supported activities on my Edge (bike computer). If all of my SD Cards get fried, it would be nice if all my tracks and waypoints were backed-up in the cloud. This would be especially nice since I've had to uninstall Active Captain and reinstall it to get it to talk to my devices. I can also view all this data in an app or on the web. Should allow the creation of various profiles so you will only load the waypoints and tracks you need for a specific lake/body of water.
    3. Direct sync and update via wifi without Active Captain. Great for when you're home or elsewhere with wifi coverage (like my in-laws pier) or have a 4G/5G wifi access point you want to use to keep the boat connected.
    4. Direct sync and update via Garmin marine network - I could either plug in when home, or add other networking devices, like a bridge that connects to 4G/5G (similar to #5).
    5. 100% of HomePort functionality moved to Active Captain
    6. Ability to adjust and sync settings from Active captain so all my devices will look alike - especially depth shading. setting depth shading is tedious!
    7. Setting profiles for different types of water so I don't have to tweak based on conditions (deep versus shallow, clear vs cloudy, and combos there of).
    8. Not software but in general - faster processors. Maps fly on my smartphone but load slow on my Echomap UHDs. The processors are so cheap now they're practically one of the cheapest components in the device.
    Last edited by jrfuda; 09-10-2021 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Removed features already available.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge489 View Post
    I’ve sent this request to Garmin directly as well, however it would be awesome if they’d modify spot lock to only engage after two presses of the spot lock button. It would probably eliminate mistakenly pressing it over the course of the day. Or even 3 presses, should be simple to change it.
    Gonna throw this back out there again! I notice I do it less now, but would still be helpful.

the other one I saw on this forum as well is the ability to set up all unit displays the same (or individually) through active capatain.

9. Member
    Structure overlay must be added.
    Gt-56TM - probably best versalite xdcr on market at this point. Great range, details and best raw data in MHz frequenzy. Such a waste, that we can't use data from it to upgrade our mapping. Go ahead Garmin. Quickdraw isn't enought along. Move next step.
    Last edited by MaciejK; 09-13-2021 at 12:07 AM.

I'm sure this has been mentioned time and time again but I can't believe we still don't have Helm and video capture for Echomaps yet. The RSD files are borderline useless.

11. Member
    Ability to save waypoints to SD card by lake. Save more than 50 trails.

12. Member
    GHOST TREE AND DEAD SPOTS!!!

Still hoping for Helm to screen record Echomaps but I have another request... the ability for the Echomaps and GPSMaps to utilize the built-in heading sensor in the Force TM instead of having to install a Steadycast. Nice little bonus for people that opt to have all Garmin gear on the boat.

14. Member
    Give the maps the ability to show "hard spots", the highest peak of surrounding bottom. Some of these hard spots are only a couple of feet in diameter but can serve as a spot for fish to locate on.

15. Member
    I think a clicker/counter would be great. Add it as an option in the overlay's so it can be put on any screen. Make it so that you click it to add to it and hold on it to clear.
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury 150 Pro XS
    Bow: Garmin 106sv & Livescope Plus
    Console: Garmin 106sv
    https://www.youtube.com/@fishnitup

16. Member
    An actual GAIN adjustment.

More overlay options on everything.
    Last edited by Omni; 04-13-2022 at 05:05 PM. Reason: slow brain

17. Member
    How about just releasing some kind of updated Homeport app so we can view our recordings on something other than the unit itself? Or like has been said above, make the Helm option available on Echomaps. Come on, even the 9 inch is a thousand bucks, has a record feature, but you gotta sit in your boat and use the unit to watch your video? This is 2022 for goodness sake, surely the company that brought us livescope can do better than that.

Helm feature on UHD units, updated and reliable Homeport software.
    ジェラルドの天候
    2021 Ranger 188P 115 Merc CT
    SWMBO ProStaff

19. Member
    Coming from Lowrance, I miss the waypoint management.

1- I love the lake level adjustment and fishing ranges. But, It would be nice to use upper and lowercase and punctuation like . , / +- so I can save dates, fish weights, and tides. I fish tidal water which is most important, so I save dates, incoming/outgoing tides, and what the tide is. I actually bought a Lowrance just for my waypoints.

2- Ability to adjust screens more on combos. I like to have side scan across the whole bottom of screen, then map/sonar/downs can across the top. So 3 screens on top, 1 across bottom.

3- better integration between navionics app, active captain, and card on echomap. I tried to export, but I have over 4,000 waypoints and it won’t let me sync. Am I the only one with this many waypoints?

I am trying to be helpful, not complain as I do really love my Garmin fish finders, trolling motor, and panoptix. I just would like a little better waypoint management and connectivity to navionics app on phone for times when I am not in my boat.

Thank you

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeNipissing View Post
    Two issues with QD
    The unit should set the offset adjustment by itself by checking against the QD contour depth on the screen.
    This would make Quick Draw so much more efficient. It takes way too much time after launch to setup the offsets in the morning. Typically done after the morning bite is done. Lots of valuable mapping time lost each trip.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast