Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, just read through this and you should be (and I’m sure are) very proud, that’s a beauty!!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

WOW just WOW!

3. Member
    Miss this boat!

What did you use to get all the old glue up ??
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Read this cover to cover and congrats on a magnificent job especially with the details!! A couple questions for you as I'm really interested in what you used to adapt your main motor rigging hose fittings to the engines/boat openings. I recently repowered my Triton to a 4s 250 ProXS and the old rigging hose is about 1/2" larger in diameter than the access port going into my motor (yours looked to be the reverse issue - your motor opening looks larger than your hose). It looks like you stepped your opening down and sealed it to prevent water intrusion. What did you use to do this and do you have any tips from your experience? I was thinking the same approach for me (in reverse to yours) would work well. Thanks for any help you can give!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    What did you use to get all the old glue up ??
    To be honest it was so old and crusty it came off super easily just using putty knives and then cleaning the surface well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doc201pro View Post
    Read this cover to cover and congrats on a magnificent job especially with the details!! A couple questions for you as I'm really interested in what you used to adapt your main motor rigging hose fittings to the engines/boat openings. I recently repowered my Triton to a 4s 250 ProXS and the old rigging hose is about 1/2" larger in diameter than the access port going into my motor (yours looked to be the reverse issue - your motor opening looks larger than your hose). It looks like you stepped your opening down and sealed it to prevent water intrusion. What did you use to do this and do you have any tips from your experience? I was thinking the same approach for me (in reverse to yours) would work well. Thanks for any help you can give!!
    Thanks Doc, We actually discussed it in detail with Don at European Marine and he was super helpful in getting the rigging hose, etc. the correct size for us. The new rigging hose came with a fitting to go into the boat and we did have to drill that out some to make it fit correctly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345