LOOKING FOR DECALS

I have a 1996 Viper/cobra I bought new after a couple of months I found hull problems my dealer could not handle. I ended up bring the boat to mtn home where they repair the hull and because of the time it took to repair they did some extra which I was happy with. The thing I wasn't happy with was they took off all the Viper Decals and put on Cobra with out tell me . I ask them to replace them back they told me they didn't have and more. So I would like to if there is a place I can get them

If you have original pictures with dimensions, a graphics shop can fix you up. Iguana Graphix is a BBC sponsor and does great work.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    look everywhere to see if I had pictures of when I first got the boat I only had it a month before I brought it in

4. Member
    Try this, scroll down until you find the Cobra by Viper..

www.vinylapproach.com/replacementboatlogos.htm

Hope this helps.
    Mike Pendleton

2002 Cobra 201/Mercury 225EFI

5. Member
    didn't see viper on there but I am going to call them thanks, off topic but maybe you might know what year viper started going by my serial no. it was built in May of 95.Look at picture didn't find nothing earlier

It won't be Viper decal. The decal vinyl approach has will be Cobra and Viper Boats will be in small letters under it. My 1996 decals are like the ones on vinyl approach. I purchased it new in March 1996. It was built in Feb. 1996.

If your boat was built in may 1995 wouldn't it be a 1995 year Model. Even if purchased in 1996 it would still be a 1995 model.

Pm Backlash AR(moderator on the Cobra board) he used to work at the Cobra factory. He knows all about Cobras.
    Last edited by keefus; 02-05-2016 at 02:25 PM.

7. Member
    I am not sure just going by the serial no. EJS00584E596 I thought the E5 met May of 1995 and the last no. 96 met the year I could be wrong

8. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcopher View Post
    I am not sure just going by the serial no. EJS00584E596 I thought the E5 met May of 1995 and the last no. 96 met the year I could be wrong
    The first 3 letters of the hull identification number (HIN) is the manufacturer's ID Code that the Coast Guard issued.
    EJS = VIPER BOATS INC, PO BOX 770, MOUNTAIN HOME AR. (Out of Business - 11/8/04)

The next five numbers (02570) is the manufacture's production or serial # which would cross reference your boat's info (model, color, etc.). Dean's Tops and Canvas is the only place that I know of that can still cross reference your HIN #.

The next two characters (A9) indicate the month and year of production, with (A) being an alphabetical code for January and (9) being 1999.

The last two numbers (99) indicate the model year which is 1999.

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

9. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

Chuck...if this is the decal you're talking about here is the company who originally produced those decals for Viper Boats, Inc. and that is a place out of Springfield, MO. Try this contact:
    Decals
    Truck Signs Design
    Springfield, MO
    417-862-6860
    Contact Person: Kyle

There is a slim possibility (very slim indeed) that this company may have a few available; at least it may be worth a phone call:

Outback Banners & Signs
    Mountain Home, AR
    870-424-4401
    Contact Person: Bill
    Last edited by Backlash Ar; 02-06-2016 at 08:24 PM.

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

10. Member
    There was a member on this board that was making some pretty nice decals that he could match perfectly. I was going to order some. I don't like "Coral" on the boat, I'd like to have "Viper". Some a-hole punk peeled the C off on one side so I had to take the whole thing off. Pretty funny tho. I tore my ACL and had reconstruction surgery so I was down and out and by the time I came back-he gone. I was hoping he'd chime in.

Iguana grafix makes a sweet set. Not exactly stock. Close but better in my opinion. Outlined. Etc. not just one layer vinyl. Message him. He has the template. He made mine.