Thread: Verado LU mod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Florida but many Argentinians here

Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    And I see you are in Argentina where there is no EPA too lol.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

I really am looking at a 2007 Gen1 Verado. Whipple said the Gen1 can only be tuned up to 325HP. 75HP and 60ft/lbs torque gain to a 250HP!
    Spoke to Mark and he suggested 29 Razor XL with Titus coned lower. I've run all kinds of slip numbers from a disappointing 88 to an astonishing 94! I guess we'll see.
    Everybody says I'm crazy going from a 2013, perfectly running motor with Platinum warranty to a Gen1.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    I'm looking at a 2008 Verado 275

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

3. Member
    I wont say you're crazy but there again a lot of people saying I'm crazy too lol. Personally I'm a fan of the Vrods and think they are like the Surpa 2JZ engine from the car world. Over engineered to the hilt by some smart guys, just one of those engines that can be taken well past what conventional wisdom thinks and will just live.

Seems like the biggest issue could be in the cleanliness of the fuel system but that's common throughout the boating world. Only problem is if you are stretched thin on tune and encounter the somewhat common boating world fuel issue will the motor be able to withstand that??? I might be one to buy a second set of injector and send them in for service. Then take out the old ones and send them in to have "ready" on the shelf and swap them out every year as part of my annual maintenance. After the initial investment of a used set of injectors and a quality service then it's just the cost of a service every year for a wonderful piece of mind.

I would bet Don would agree with at least the last part lol.

BTW if you get that thing running right you should be able to achieve around 6-7% loss. That's what we get on the Strokers when running good and Wayne's Triton was/is around the same if I recall correct. So I would image the 94 should be close to attainable.
    Last edited by npark; 03-02-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Nate,

thanks for for encouraging words. PM sent

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would definitely recommend having the injectors serviced on a regular schedule... though I think that in a NORMAL usage cycle, utilizing good fuel and the correct additives, you should be fine at a "once every 2 years or 200 hours, whichever occurs FIRST" service cycle.

Certainly not hurting anything by doing more often... though it's probably overkill.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12