Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Charger/champion

So charger is bringing back the 210 modified of course. I own an 07 200 elite, similar to the 198. My question is to anybody that might know if they will produce this champion model? The 210 is simply too big for me. I love the 19'8" boat.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    So charger is bringing back the 210 modified of course. I own an 07 200 elite, similar to the 198. My question is to anybody that might know if they will produce this champion model? The 210 is simply too big for me. I love the 19'8" boat.
    I spoke with a Charger dealer in my area and he indicated that there are plans to produce the 198 next year.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    I spoke with a Charger dealer in my area and he indicated that there are plans to produce the 198 next year.

Boy I sure hope this is true. Hopefully they will release the 210 at the classic. Can't wait to see it.

5. Member
    To see an improved awesome charger touch to it would be awesome. I just hope the 17ft bass boat will stick around for a couple more years

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    To see an improved awesome charger touch to it would be awesome. I just hope the 17ft bass boat will stick around for a couple more years
    Charger does not destroy their molds so they will be around. As far as the 210 goes Charger made a brilliant move from my understanding and bought the design blueprint rights from BPS. So the can now make the exact same Champion hull with the same high quality ride. The only modification would be to lighten it up so that it can get some better performance and speed which I think everyone would like.
    Last edited by Sports1; 02-05-2016 at 06:52 AM.

7. Member
    I don't think they have bought anything from my understanding

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Conflicting reports. One says they bought the hull designs from JM and made a 210 Champ...and another says they splashed the Champ hull, made enough changes to avoid legal issues, and built from there.

It is anyone's guess at this point....

9. Member
    Splashed they didn't buy anything from JM

I'm with Bobby on this one, I would imagined they probably splashed the hull. There is no telling what Johnny Morris would have asked for the patent after he just spent millions purchasing the company. Even if he has no intentions of doing anything with the Champion brand, it would still be an opportunity for him to make a large chunk of money back on his purchase.
    Plus there are many unknowns right now, primarily how many will be sold. Not speaking directly at Champion models but look at the industry overall. We have to face it, the number of boat purchases are still way way down from where they were pre-2008. It would take a huge leap of faith to make that jump and spend a few million just to get the patent then have the costs associated to get up and building the boats.
    I applaud the gang at Charger for taking the risk and trying to bring the boat back to the market. Let's just hope for good success and see where it goes from here.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

11. Member
    Just have to prove the 25% rule. Usually can be done in just top cap mods.

Also if you look at the TN made top caps and layups there is probably almost 150lbs of savings in that top cap.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I guess the best way to think about this project is it is not a CHAMPION.It will not say Champion on it ,it will say Charger.It has been upgraded from the old design ,but kept the Champion looks for those of you that like that.Even when Stratos was Champion guys still thought it was a Stratos but it was a Champion 100%.If you don't know what the hull looks like from 15 years ago than you have no idea just what people tell you.

13. Member
    Was the 210 around 15 years ago? What is your definition of upgraded (top cap changes)? Just because you change a few things does not mean it is an upgrade. Really the 210 did not need many upgrades, maybe lighten it up a bit to gain some speed That would be ptretty cool. Also I think it is only 14% and yes, I think all that needs to be done is top cap changes to achieve that.
    Last edited by Sports1; 02-10-2016 at 10:59 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I guess the best way to think about this project is it is not a CHAMPION.It will not say Champion on it ,it will say Charger.It has been upgraded from the old design ,but kept the Champion looks for those of you that like that.Even when Stratos was Champion guys still thought it was a Stratos but it was a Champion 100%.If you don't know what the hull looks like from 15 years ago than you have no idea just what people tell you.

Well put. I'm ready to see this boat. I also love the looks of the 797 but it's just too darn big for my liking.

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I think the 206CX was the only hull from as far back as 15yrs (2001) that was still in production when Champion stopped and the elite hulls were moved to Stratos. And it may have gone through a change when the "Beam Forward" boats came along around 2004. I was told by Jason Bragg that Alan Stinson made some changes to improve the 206 hull and that is where the 210 came from in 2006. It also had a deeper top cap giving deeper storage than the 206.

I'm ready to see it as well. I'm hoping it makes a successful stable mate to Charger's lineup.

I am anxious to see it (and hopefully drive it sometime) as well. My thoughts are these:
    - The boat will drive and ride well. Both lineages lead me to believe that. I've never driven or fished out of a Charger, but I've owned multiple Champions. I drive a 196 at the moment. I've also heard MANY good things about Chargers.
    - The fit and finish will be well above par. Given the history of Charger, there's no reason (in my opinion) to believe otherwise.
    - Performance will be good. The boat is big, and likely not light. I'm GOOD with that.
    - Fishability will be very good. I expect the boat will be very thought out and organized.
    - I'm really anxious to see the storage and layout. To be hones, I've been very impressed with the storage and layout of the new Legend V-20. I love the day box on the front of the deck. Love the "split" rod locker on the R/H side. Love the back deck lid. I'm hopeful that the new Charger is equally as well thought and laid out.

I'm really looking forward to this!

17. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I think the 206CX was the only hull from as far back as 15yrs (2001) that was still in production when Champion stopped and the elite hulls were moved to Stratos. And it may have gone through a change when the "Beam Forward" boats came along around 2004. I was told by Jason Bragg that Alan Stinson made some changes to improve the 206 hull and that is where the 210 came from in 2006. It also had a deeper top cap giving deeper storage than the 206.

I'm ready to see it as well. I'm hoping it makes a successful stable mate to Charger's lineup.
    Along with the 206, the 188 also originated in Mtn Home. Just before the bankruptcy.. It, too, was still in production when the Elites went to PE, tho it was called the 190 at that point.

Wishing Charger all the best!!!!

18. Member
    Personally, the original Champion layout was 1 of the main things (besides the famous Champion ride) that I always liked. Two long wide monster rod boxes, the ONE big center compartment in the middle, and the big deep rear deck boxes.

19. Member
    When they say upgrades I'm sure they're talking about modern tournament design. I love how offended everyone gets when upgrades are mentioned. So, I love my 191 from 1998 but there are some "upgrades I wish it had. For example, I wish it had a from the factory recessed trolling motor tray instead of the hole I had to cut into my front deck. It works but doesn't look as nice as the glass. I wish my console had enough room to mount my HDS 12 or any graph for that matter. I wish there was a place to stow my bump board. Hell, I wish some one would make a champion hull again so I could buy a new one. Oh wait, Chargers gonna do it!! Hopefully it goes well cuz I'm gonna be one of the first guys on the list to order a 198, 200, 202 or whatever they end up calling it when it comes out next year. I'm very happy about this. And for the record I would have bought a strampion had I been in the market when they were available and I'd buy one used if it struck my fancy.

20. Member
    I'm very tempted to order a new 210. Wonder what number would I get?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast