Banned

Camping Season 2016!

So in the Piedmont North Carolina when is the start of the camping trailer season start?

Dont know about NC, but here in SC we go year round - Try to go somewhere at least once each month.
    "I see dead people"

3. Member
    Most camp grounds open the end of March.
    I'm book to go camping start April

4. Banned
    I have a Lance truck camper and fish bass tourneys. My first tournament is April 2nd 238 miles to drive.

My camping season is gonna start on March 4th at the Bassmasters Classic.

6. Banned
    March 1st usually. We could camp most of January and February if we weren't so busy doing all the family job tasks we overlooked last summer and fall.

7. Banned
    Anyone interested in having a caravan trip to some of the Civil War Battlefields in Virginia this year?
    e

Quote Originally Posted by XSDRD View Post
    Anyone interested in having a caravan trip to some of the Civil War Battlefields in Virginia this year?
    e
    When are you thinking about going?
    "I see dead people"

9. Banned
    TightLip, Not really picking any particular time or date. Mainly when the temps have risen to a warmer degree possibly late March or early April. Want to be able to travel around and not worry about travel concerns. Also want to be able to walk around and visit sights and not be wrapped up with many layers of clothes. As of now am searching various camp grounds in and around Va. Civil War battlegrounds. Have also thought of making camping trips through the State of South Carolina seeing that my wife is from Camden, SC and I am a past resident of Columbia for many years. Thing is I have a 30+' Rockwood travel trailer in storage at Kerr Lake on the NC Virginia border and at this time is in winter storage. I am either going to travel with it this year or sell it.
    Last edited by XSDRD; 02-13-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Camden is hometown. Still over there at least once or twice per week. All my family is still there. I worked in Cola. for a few years.
    SC state parks really are a good deal. Some are really very nice and have a lot to offer. We try to go somewhere at least once a month even if it is for a quick getaway. I have looked several times around Petersburg and Richmond but have never booked anything. I am a little Leary of booking a longer stay at someplace I am not familiar with or gets a lot of bad reviews. The wife and I have said we would like to go back to Williamsburg sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by XSDRD View Post
    TightLip, Not really picking any particular time or date. Mainly when the temps have risen to a warmer degree possibly late March or early April. Want to be able to travel around and not worry about travel concerns. Also want to be able to walk around and visit sights and not be wrapped up with many layers of clothes. As of now am searching various camp grounds in and around Va. Civil War battlegrounds. Have also thought of making camping trips through the State of South Carolina seeing that my wife is from Camden, SC and I am a past resident of Columbia for many years. Thing is I have a 30+' Rockwood travel trailer in storage at Kerr Lake on the NC Virginia border and at this time is in winter storage. I am either going to travel with it this year or sell it.
    "I see dead people"

11. Banned
    Mid to late March for us. I don't mind the cold nights, but cold during the day sucks.

12. Banned
    set u[ reservations at Hibernia Campground for April 4th-8th. Fishing Kerr lake and just plan relaxing.

13. Banned
    Wish I could tow the boat behind the TT. Not going to happen with my setup, or the trailer frame not capable of supporting a hitch. If we camp within an 1.5 hours of home I'll go back and grab the boat. lol