Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hey guys I put my leash on tonight. Took about 20 minutes and it is a truly custom fit for my g2 Evinrude. I can't answer a lot of questions on the techincal end of things but feel free to call the guys at the leash if you have questions. I will have pictures up shortly.

2. Banned

3. Member
    Great thread

2015 PHOENIX 920 PRO XP
    250 VERADO PRO - 112 ULTREX - DUAL 12' TALONS
    TRIPLE HDS12s & GARMIN 942XS/LIVESCOPE
    ATLAS HYDRAULIC PLATE LITHIONICS BATTERIES

How does with work with trimming up the motor if its holding the motor down

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    How does with work with trimming up the motor if its holding the motor down
    Its not holding the motor down, I would assume it would have full range of motion, but in the event of a collision it would take enough of the shock out of the impact to keep the motor on the back of the boat

Oh ok. That makes sense. In all the years of owning bass boats I have never though about this.

Great post.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Hmmm...This thread has me seriously thinking about purchasing one...

Looks like Chris Lane has one installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. BBC SPONSOR
    GET YOUR LEASH TODAY
    The Leash is NOW AVAILABLE, pick your color. Introductory price is $349.99
    Visit us at www.lednightfishinglights.com
    Last edited by Scott Bird; 03-27-2016 at 12:08 PM.

10. Member
    The item labeled "Swivel plate" in my 4 February 2016 Leash installation sketch should have been labeled "Swivel bracket". I started life as a hydraulic engineer and still often write swivel plate, as in a hydraulic piston pump, for swivel bracket, as in an outboard motor by mistake.

gary
    Last edited by PGIC; 02-25-2017 at 09:19 AM.

11. Member
    I don't run hard where I'm not familiar with the water. If you want to haul ass in unfamiliar waters, it's on you.

12. Member
    I have one on my boat, was pre owned came from dealer. I understand previous owner was involved with or the sole creator of the leash. It's fine though no problems, you don't even know it's there really

Quote Originally Posted by Les Brown View Post
    I don't run hard where I'm not familiar with the water. If you want to haul ass in unfamiliar waters, it's on you.
    Submerged 'floaters' can be anywhere. Ask Rex Chambers (Smith lake guide and Phoenix owner) about his experience with one just under the surface.

The prop went down his buddy, flipped over and climbed up and over him. They we extremely fortunate that they were able to live and or recover with few lasting implications.

They were traveling 50mph in familiar water......

The day I picked my 919 up from Freedom marine there was a cooper and silver boat that had hit a sumerged log at 50mph and it thru the engine into the boat. Wish I coild figure out how to load pictures. This was back in fall of 2014. I just missed a landscaping timber on Eufaula last week.

That's crazy. I didn't know the engine could come into the boat from the back

It has happened many times and quite a few fatalities from it.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

http://www.propellersafety.com/4402/...ped-into-boat/

Here is a good article. It has a PDF thats has all the recent incidents. Its alarming

18. Member
    Watched the install video and it sttaches to the to top mounting bolts. So first question that hit my brain was what about motor and boat warranties? Both get pretty fickle when you start adding things to motor mounts. My second question was, if you are hitting something hard enough to flip a motor onto your deck (something in my 30 plus years of boating and living next to two prominent lakes Ive NEVER heard of happening btw), is that cable really going to hold anything? Seems to me it has the potential to add even more stress to those top bolts in that situation and perhaps cause more not less problems. Jm2c
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    http://www.propellersafety.com/4402/...ped-into-boat/

Here is a good article. It has a PDF thats has all the recent incidents. Its alarming
    "We often see U.S. Coast Guard Boating Accident Report Database (BARD) reports in which an outboard was torn from or broke off the transom. Some of these outboards sink, while others remain attached by cables, hoses, and/or fuel lines. In some portion of these instances, the outboard strikes a submerged object and actually flies up / flips up and lands in the boat. As a result, people in the boat can be struck by the outboard or cut by its still rotating propeller."

In these cases the leash would do nothing. Its attached with the same bolts as the motor. Hence motor falls off so does the leash. Seen one boat on Truman lose a motor and it continue to run being held by the steering cables etc. However they had just installed a jackplate and didnt torque the bolts right. It didnt reenter the boat but they didnt strike anything either. They were just running open water when it fell off.
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

I thought the same thing as your two posts. What what iv seen looking like the motor is breaking off the motor bracket. The motor bracket is still bolted to the transome. I found the pics of the incident Hanks was talking about

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast