Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Why not just use slightly softer grade bolts on the lower unit? I would imagine that outboard manufacturers could determine which grade bolts would be strong enough for all conditions but a shear impact like hitting an object.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyfishing View Post
    Hello BBC,

We here at The LEASH appreciate all the conversations going on about our product. As avid tournament fishermen and outdoorsmen our goal is to help make the sport we love a little safer and if we accomplish that our time , energy and efforts will have been well spent. There are several questions about our product and I will try and answer a few of them with this post.

The LEASH is a hand spliced/woven, high performance tether made with Vectran™ a high-performance multi filament yarn spun from liquid crystal polymer (LCP). It is the only commercially available melt-spun LCP fiber in the world ( Vectran™ was a critical part of NASA's Mars landing a year or so ago).

In the design and development of the LEASH many other yarns and synthetic fibers like Kevlar , Dyneema and others were considered. The LEASH has been strength tested at the SFI test facility in California and our product was found to have a 15,000 to 18,000 pound breaking strength. This was not simply a straight line/pull break test but rather a drop/shock test similar to what would occur in the event of an outboard striking an underwater object. Due to the Lawyer happy world we live in we make no claims about what The LEASH can and will due only that The LEASH will absorb a calculated amount of energy. Our tether , similar and lesser tethers are mandated in sanctioned Nascar, Indy Car , NHRA , MTRA, ETC. events to try and help protect the participants/driver as well as the spectators of these events.

Some have mentioned logging chains , cables, ropes , etc. strapped to the transom and if those products would make your time on the water safer then they would be worth your time , energy and efforts! I know when I am on the water with my friends, family and tournament partners safety is of the utmost of importance and the kill switch , PFD and LEASH are always on in my boats and for the price of a decent rod and reel combo for many its a bargain.

One final note The LEASH was the brainchild of our inventor who witnessed "THE ACCIDENT" first hand during a tournament resulting in the loss of life. Since then it has been a passion for all of us involved with the company to try and help make the sport "WE ALL LOVE" a little safer. Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions or concerns, THE LEASH.
    Answers the warranty question......

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    Answers the warranty question......
    I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that a decent lawyer (one from this "lawyer happy world") would have a field day with that highlighted language above....and I don't just mean "due" to the incorrect usage of "due" versus "do". These are the types of problems you get when Average Joe has a decent idea but decides to run the entire business himself with nothing but a general studies degree or worse.

4. Member
    I feel like the product will definitely help in the case of hitting a submerged item. An item that would normally throw the engine up into the driver and passenger area. If the Leash will keep that from happening or even if it slows it down to the point that no one gets hurt, I feel it's worth it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman1282 View Post
    I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that a decent lawyer (one from this "lawyer happy world") would have a field day with that highlighted language above....and I don't just mean "due" to the incorrect usage of "due" versus "do". These are the types of problems you get when Average Joe has a decent idea but decides to run the entire business himself with nothing but a general studies degree or worse.
    Good point.....safety devices need to be left to high dollar companies that can absorb lawsuits and, most importantly, that have the funds to perform extensive testing.

6. Member
    We here at The LEASH appreciate all the kind words of support and we appreciate all the new customers from here on BBC! We even appreciate the nay sayers and skeptics.... it is expected when you bring a completely revolutionary idea to the marketplace (I remember when the poor fella introduced the Alabama rig on here 5 or 6 years ago ...Ouch). BBC has been an excellent platform for us to introduce our product to the bass fishing world. If anyone is headed to ICAST next month in Orlando please stop by our booth and say hello to one of our associates. We will be in the NMMA pavilion and The LEASH will be presented in the "new product" showcase, who knows someone has to win best of show!! I hope I spelled everything right. Thanks again and everyone have a safe weekend on and off the water! Tight lines, Corey

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

8. Member
    I think the Leash is a great idea. If the price point was lower I would already have one. My previous comment was not meant in s negative way.....I think everyone wishes you the best.

Me too. Sounds great. But where is all the forward energy going to go if you hit something? Is it going to react like the name of your product and be like a dog running to the end of it's leash?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    A gentleman sent me a picture of his boat from Ky Lake this past weekend. He told me ("Does the Leash work"? See the pic, I drive with a peace of mind that I never could have understood prior to the Leash.") The product is now patented and we are running a sale this month on it. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions or interest in one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Once the leash has been shocked does it need to be replaced?

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I saw first hand where a guy in my club hit a submerged stump/tree at around 35 mph in the channel i was fishing by ......the damage that was done at suck a slow speed was ridiculous.....the trim broke and top of motor cowling slammed into the splashwell of is Triton.....i think any faster it would have been on the back deck of boat.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Once the leash has been shocked does it need to be replaced?
    Good question! Also, any info on how fast the guy was going at KY lake when impact occurred?

14. Member
    Once you strike an object with The Leash, it is recommended to replace it. I would think of it in terms as an air bag. After it's deployed you would want to replace it. That boat was traveling over 60mph when it struck that under water object down below Paris, Tn on the south end of KY Lake.
    Last edited by Coreyfishing; 10-12-2017 at 09:51 PM.

16. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    ...Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for your help with the order!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567