Time to hit the range.

Well been a while since I posted on here but I thought I'd give an update. Hunting season is over and I picked up my clubs today for the first time in 7 months. Never had so much fun trying to fix my swing. Got a good lesson though. You don't use it, you lose it. Will definitely keep playing all year from now on

2. Member
    We got to steal a day on January 30th. Played the front in 7 over and the back in 1 over. Took me 5 holes before a swing felt even half way right.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

Shoot an 80 aint a bad warm up round
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

4. Member
    74-78 is usually my normal. My swing is slowly feeling normal again. Few more days at the range and putting green and we will see how I play

5. Member
    Been out about three times so far this year between fishing. You guys definitely play better than myself. Guess I get a lot more exercise.
    :)

Thats pretty good golf jc. I will feel the same when the snow finally melts and I gotta get back in the swing of things. Usually doesnt take long to get the long game back, its the short game touch that takes me a little bit to get back. I will rarely break 80 my first couple times out because my short game will hurt me. I seriously need to get into the gym though and start working on my core and back so I can play the season with less back pain

7. Member
    [QUOTE=turfy49431;6980953]Thats pretty good golf jc. I will feel the same when the snow finally melts and I gotta get back in the swing of things. Usually doesnt take long to get the long game back, its the short game touch that takes me a little bit to get back. I will rarely break 80 my first couple times out because my short game will hurt me. I seriously need to get into the gym though and start working on my core and back so I can play the season with less back

My wife and I just started at planet fitness trying to get back in shape. So far it seems to be helping a lot. Really like the place. Much different than other gyms.

8. Member
    Update: went played full round at crooked hollow In greenwood louisiana, the coarse was awesome. I shot a 38 (+2) on the front 9 then shot a 47 (+11) on the back 9 what a way to mess up a good score. O well an 85 is great for the first round of the year. Back to the range and practice green

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Update: went played full round at crooked hollow In greenwood louisiana, the coarse was awesome. I shot a 38 (+2) on the front 9 then shot a 47 (+11) on the back 9 what a way to mess up a good score. O well an 85 is great for the first round of the year. Back to the range and practice green
    Did the same thing you did twice this past season. I make the turn at even par to go and blow up the back.
    Realized I need to work on the mental aspect of the game because both blow up's was all mental. Both times I worried about blowing up the back which I did!
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    Did the same thing you did twice this past season. I make the turn at even par to go and blow up the back.
    Realized I need to work on the mental aspect of the game because both blow up's was all mental. Both times I worried about blowing up the back which I did!
    Same here. Just got to where I was thinking something has changed without my knowledge and messed the rest of the round up

I need to get out as well. Just got a new to me TM SLDR adjustable driver and I need to get that dialed in.

12. Member
    Never hit one before. Let me know how it is. I ended up buying a 913 Titleist

13. Member
    I just upgraded to Ping G30's irons and woods! Put golf pride G2 midsize grips in white on them Weds. and I have a 9:00am tee time tomorrow morning!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ176VLO View Post
    I just upgraded to Ping G30's irons and woods! Put golf pride G2 midsize grips in white on them Weds. and I have a 9:00am tee time tomorrow morning!!
    Good luck and hit well. I still have my cleveland cg7 tour irons. Might upgrade in a few years but everything I try just doesn't feel as good. I also use multicompouND golf pride grips regular red and black on my irons, black and white on my TM rescue hybrid, and black and yellow on my Titleist 3WD and D3 driver. Would post pics but not sure how

15. Member
    Good luck and hit well. I still have my cleveland cg7 tour irons. Might upgrade in a few years but everything I try just doesn't feel as good. I also use multicompouND golf pride grips regular red and black on my irons, black and white on my TM rescue hybrid, and black and yellow on my Titleist 3WD and D3 driver. Would post pics but not sure how
    My old irons are Cleveland TA7. They are 14 years old and I figured it was time to put them to rest, I might put them in the truck in case I need them at the turn lol

Will do.

Hit the range today due to the warm weather and hit the ball very well. Kind of excited for the season to start.
    Never expect to hit the ball like I did being that it's winter.
    I'd have to guess it will be 3-4 weeks before I hit the course unless we get more unseasonably warm weather again.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

I had a SLDR adjustable driver and I struggled to get it dialed in consistant. It had to many inconsistencies in the face. Just a touch off center and it killed the distance. Now I got the TM R15 and it is night and day better than the SLDR. Also got my new Titleist CB 716 irons in over the winter with the correct shafts. Not sure if any of you remember the little snafu I had when they sent me my clubs with the wrong shafts. Excited to play those and my new Vokey SM wedges

19. Member
    Good luck with yalls rounds. I'm gonna go out this sunday, suppose to have 70 and clear weather. Going to go play challenge at cypress hills here in marshall. Will let yall know how the course is

I finally got out yesterday with the SLDR and all I can say is WOW! I'm in Memphis right now and hit the range when I got into town yesterday. The wind was quartering from the left at 20mph and gusting higher but that club is all that and more.

Given the windy conditions I really stayed away from playing with the adjustments and merely left things at the standard settings. Virtually every drive was long, I mean 250yds + long. I had had consistent issues with hitting low, pull hooks with my 2009 Burner, not with this club. It was like night and day. Balls literally launched out there with a nice trajectory every time. I would say this though, much like the only other adjustable club I've ever hit, an R9, there's something of a muted feel to the ball strike. You don't feel that sweet spot feeling when you flush the ball but I can get over that if this club continues to deliver these kinds of consistent results.