battery and charger hook up

BOUGHT 01 COBRA AND I THINK THE BATTS ARE WIRED UP WRONG FOR THE 24 VOLT MC. HAS A COBRA ON BOARD CHARGER. ALOT MORE WIRES THAN MY LAST BOAT. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THE CHARGER AND PROPER BATT HOOK UPS.
    TRYING NOT TO FRY ANYTHING.
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

CODE RED COBRA

2. Member

Re: battery and charger hook up (CODE RED COBRA)

If it is a three bank charger then it will have four cables coming off the charger. One will be for the AC plug in. The others will be for the batteries and should consist of a red and a black for each battery as each gets charged separately. It is more likely that it is a CSI charger or Charging Systems Incorporated which I believe is what they used.

3. Member
    As far as the wires for the trolling motor its self. I have a 36V system on my boat so it wont be the same. But more than likely your boat is wired for a 12/24V system. That way you could select between 12v and 24v on the older style trolling motors.
    If that is the case, you should have 2 black wires, each get connected to your batteries neg terminals. Then the red wire goes to one of the batteries pos terminal and an orange wire that goes to the other batteries pos terminal.

A true 24V system is just 2 wire a black that goes to the neg terminal. Then a red that goes to the pos terminal of the other battery. Then a jumper wire that connects on the pos terminal of one battery and the neg terminal of the other.
    Cody Greenwell
    GPS/SONAR/SIDE IMAGING
    Setup Advice & On-the-Water Training