Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Gatorbak

Quote Originally Posted by red186 View Post
    I had Gatorbak installed and it was a big mistake. I read all the hype about boat blistering and had it installed on my Sterling trailer. I load 95% of the time by myself and if you get the boat slightly off center or trailer is not deep enough and you try to power on a couple inches or straighten out the boat the gatorbak will rip out of mounting screws to point of tearing chunks of wood out of bunks. Yeah it looks sharp but i have just ordered new carpet and had to buy four new bunk boards and will be replacing with 20 oz. carpet next week. Big costly mistake! I have a brand new set of the new style gatorbak that wraps around to the bottom of bunks with all new s/s screws still in the box that I will sell for half price plus shipping cost. I live in Indianapolis, In Contact me if your interested

I used Bass cat carpet. Double layer on top. Leave the area on the bottom open so the water can drain off. The OE carpet and bunks lasted almost 10 yrs. This new bunk and carpet job should last at least another 10. No blister issue in my dry climate.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    I had Gatorbak installed and it was a big mistake. I read all the hype about boat blistering and had it installed on my Sterling trailer. I load 95% of the time by myself and if you get the boat slightly off center or trailer is not deep enough and you try to power on a couple inches or straighten out the boat the gatorbak will rip out of mounting screws to point of tearing chunks of wood out of bunks. Yeah it looks sharp but i have just ordered new carpet and had to buy four new bunk boards and will be replacing with 20 oz. carpet next week. Big costly mistake! I have a brand new set of the new style gatorbak that wraps around to the bottom of bunks with all new s/s screws still in the box that I will sell for half price plus shipping cost. I live in Indianapolis, In Contact me if your interested
    PM Sent, Please Contact us so we can assist you.

4. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    Norman do you have pictures of what your describing? Loading on Gatorbak bunk covers and actually dragging on them hard enough to pull the screws out that attach the covers to the side of the board's is really severe. All Gatorbak prior to the May 2019 release of the new XP was not designed for power loading. It doesn't appear you spoke to Gatorbak about your issues?

I've been running Gatorbak's since 2014 on a 21' Ranger and have no issues.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 10-15-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12