Thread: 73sv settings

73sv settings

Bought echomap 73sv. Would like to talk to someone about the best settings ( contrast, boat speed, gain,etc, you have found for sv, etc. Would 93sv settings be the same as 73 sv? Please pm me. Thank you.

2. Member
    I dont have a 73, but I have owned a couple of different models now. My experience is that the settings need to change - sometimes a lot - depending on depth, type of water, how far out you are looking, weeds or algae in the water, etc. Plus how fast you are trolling can effect things a bunch too - especially scroll speed. Moving faster means you need faster scroll speeds.

Then it also depends on which exact transducer you have.

Unfortunately, there is no one setting for all situations.

I have a 93SV and the settings I use most of the time are default. I have found that increasing the contrast and decreasing the brightness will make fish easier to see on side vu.
    I have also noted that increasing scroll speed while trolling will stretch the detail and make fish easier to see, but to the detriment of structure detail.
    depending on what your looking for, whether it's fish or structure, you can play with the settings to increase or decrease the details that you want.
    I use default when I just don't have time to play with the settings because of changing depth and bottom type.

Cheers.