Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    After thinking about it for a while, I called the dealer and had them add the 3 bank charger to the order just to avoid the hassle of making a second charger fit.

Having an older boat all this time, I've grown accustomed to working on it, but one of the reasons for ordering a brand new boat was so I wouldn't spend so much time wrenching.

I forgot to mention that I also ordered my boat with the passenget console. I fish buddy tournaments and thought I'd be nice to my partner for those long early morning runs.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    After thinking about it for a while, I called the dealer and had them add the 3 bank charger to the order just to avoid the hassle of making a second charger fit.

Having an older boat all this time, I've grown accustomed to working on it, but one of the reasons for ordering a brand new boat was so I wouldn't spend so much time wrenching.

I forgot to mention that I also ordered my boat with the passenget console. I fish buddy tournaments and thought I'd be nice to my partner for those long early morning runs.
    My wife certainly appreciates the extra console and the boat just looks better.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

3. Member
    You will also like having the glove box for paperwork, cell phone, charger, etc.

I for one really miss not having the duel console. The boat I have now is spoken for ( grandsons). In the future, my new boat will definitely be a dual console.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

The passenger console is really nice for when running they dont have to eat all the wind and they do look sharp and proportioned. I just dont like the narrow path to walk between when going from front to back. They do take up alot of space.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    My dealer supplied a fire extinguisher when I got my RT 178.....
    2020 Ranger RT 198p, Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

Mounts out out of the way under the console and east access.

2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    The passenger console is really nice for when running they dont have to eat all the wind and they do look sharp and proportioned. I just dont like the narrow path to walk between when going from front to back. They do take up alot of space.
    A friend has an RT188 that is a single console. A second console might be alright if the wife goes with you a lot. But, a dual console RT188 is NOT the best rig for two fat boys!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Hi do u mind sending a pic of where u mounted it along with any instructions or things to look out for? Im afraid ill drill into something important like electronics or wiring. Thanks

10. Member
    Awesome News ! Just purchased one myself. Was gonna order one and found one in stock at a good price....2017 Dark charcoal RT 188. 115 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke. Having a few extra items installed : Hydraulic Steering, 4" set jack plate, 20" Laser ll 20" SS prop, boarding ladder, retractable tie downs, Mercury Vessel View, and a Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb. The TM was pricey, but I like to do a lot of crappie fishing as well in deeper waters where the pro pole won't help. Having them install a Helix 10si on console and a Helix 10di on the front. ( which I already had ). Pumped to at least get it home into the garage : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Bought my RT178 at Robbins last fall they were pretty good to deal with .Boat did not have a fire extinguisher and when I got home there was no charger in it cause I wanted to charge my batteries for the next day. It was suppose to have a 3 bank charger after about a month and half dozen phone calls and them misplacing it and losing it they sent me one. they said it was never shipped from the factory with one but the mount holes were there for it and i cant believe the mechanic did not catch it because they mounted the motor for me .so make sure everything you order is correct and on the boat before you pull out ,I was just so excited when I got it never checked the boat over that good. Other than that I really like that boat ,That is my maroon stratos down there I traded in i think they still have it.

Congrats on your new boat. It does have room for 3 batteries and a 3 bank charger. I bought mine used and it did have a fire extinguisher (still in the box,lol). I would expect the dealer to provide it and the throw cushion. They should include that as part of the dealer prep. Tight Lines!
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

Congrats on the new boat.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

14. Member
    Congrats on ordering new boat! I have a DC and at 275 qualify for "full size" LOL. Unless both big guys are running for the front deck at the same time you'll not mind the walkway between the console. I'll take that for the extra glovebox and wind/rain protection. Mine is fairly loaded. After reading a bunch I should have ordered an Ultrex trolling motor. My digital 70 does great, just sounds like the Ultrex would be really nice to have.

15. Member
    Wow, thread back from the archives! I've had the boat for near a year now and can't be happier.

As for the question of extinguisher location, I mounted mine right below the driver seat, on the box the seats mount to. That way if I'm running the boat, I just reach between my legs to get at it. I've been checked a couple of times by the authorities and they seem to like how visible it is as well. Really speeds up boat checks so I can get back to fishing.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I had to buy my own fire extinguisher. I ordered a 2 bank charger when I bought it and added a single bank charger later on.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

I had dual consoles for a long time. now my son and grandson are grown up. bought my VT19 with single console. wow, so much more room. would never go back to duals. they do look nice though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12