Thread: Concensus...

Concensus...

Have we hit bedrock yet?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Yes then no. I have my positions that are in the hole and have been holding because I believe I will get a better chance to get out.

I won't get completely out but I think we get a good bounce near term. Then once retail investors think the coast is clear and we have a triple bottom in the markets, they will get in, chasing, and then the rug gets pulled. Just an FYI, triple bottoms don't exist. I really want to hold into earnings of the companies I have, but it has been painful.

UA is right back where it was in October, 2014. (When I started buying and selling it).

And...OUCH....Been a few days since I've looked at GPRO. (I may need in on some that. I bet they get bought)

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I've stopped looking at UA, too much crying involved. I thought for sure that it would run up into earnings. But on the good side, SCTY is going back down to where it was when I had bought it before, where Elon bought more shares, so that is going to go back on the radar.

I would like to think that GPRO would be attractive at these levels, but I'm sure you could have said the same thing about Kodak

I'm adding to my cash position and just waiting until it seems like it's at the bottom. Then I'll get in and hope to ride it to the top! Or maybe near the top and just take some realized gains off the table.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post

And...OUCH....Been a few days since I've looked at GPRO. (I may need in on some that. I bet they get bought)
    you've got bigger brass than me. they have saturated the camera market and other companies are light years ahead with video drones.
    i'm waiting for another 20% discount before I buy back into biotech and health care, one of the few areas that thrives regardless of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clackerbuzz View Post
    you've got bigger brass than me. they have saturated the camera market and other companies are light years ahead with video drones.
    i'm waiting for another 20% discount before I buy back into biotech and health care, one of the few areas that thrives regardless of the economy.
    I think somebody will buy GPRO (one way or another). If that happens, it will go up considerably. Combine that with an immediate short squeeze and we're talking several hundred percent increase in one session.

Heard last night...if S&P dosnt hold at 1820............the market could drop another 25%..............and oil has to stop going down

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Yeah we are at some very important levels. Another 25% would mean a recession. Not sure how long it takes to get there but if oil doesn't firm up soon then there will be problems. They are mentioning "depression" The fear is starting to get up there.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Not good when I have to look at a 3 year chart to find the next levels of support.

11. Member
    And the fed is still talking about rate increases... It's Crazy,

I went all cash right before christmas...just waiting for the right time, but I do not think we are there yet, not even close.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

I might move a little bit at a time into the market now. When everyone wants out, it's time to get in.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Nothing abnormal about todays market action.

15. Banned
    My strategy is as follows: Keep an eye on the S&P. Look for ~ 1865 for support and ~ 1950 for a possible reversal. Once 1950 has been reached (and maintained), I will get back in.

I don't think we've hit bottom yet. China, oil, interest rates, etc make for the perfect storm right now. Iran may soon be flooding the world with even more oil. Oil needs to be about $55 for oil companies to profit and consumers to be relatively content at the pump.
    Last edited by Bass Commander; 01-21-2016 at 11:01 AM.