Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm curious to know if a majority of owners are mounting their transducers on the Xi5 motor itself(using some diy solution to deal with the transducer cable)....or are mounting them on the bow area of their boats (i.e. fishing specialties pole mount).

2. Member
    If anyone is still on the fence, the newest Terrovas have a sonar mounted on the motor. Newest Terrovas have WAY imporoved the spotlock feature, plus no interference if you get the LINK model, connects to MFD at helm. I use the same batteries for TM and MFD.

3. Member
    The Xi5 is one of the best upgrades I have done. Love the route capabilities of the Xi5. Plan your route ahead of time right on the HDS Gen3 following the contours and structures you want to fish. Then when you arrive at your area start the Xi5 on the route set the speed to what your lures require. Then you can concentrate on working your lure and let the trolling motor operate it's self following the route while I fish. If you need to stop press the anchor button on the hand held remote or pedal and get unhung, change lures, eat a sandwich then unanchor and continue running the route. I believe the Xi5 has helped me catch more fish than when I used the foot control trolling motor. Will never go back to a foot control trolling motor. I chose the MotorGuide Pin Point Xi5 due to having lowrance HDS Gen3 electronics and also my personal preference of the MotorGuide trolling motors. I've used other brands but have always come back to the MotorGuide trolling motor.
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12