Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3 across Seat pedestals.

Normally the Crappie series boats come with 3 seat pedestals up front, Now I'm starting to see the Regular RT 188 where dealers have ordered them with 3 seat pedestals already installed.

Anyone ever use 2 seats upfront? Is this something useful or just a way to market the boat to both bass and crappie fisherman?

2. Banned
    If your going to Spider Rig then you need them

If you get the 3 across seating you probably should not get the recessed well for the trolling pedal. Need to be able to move it around if sitting to the side sometimes. Just a personal choice based on how you plan to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    If you get the 3 across seating you probably should not get the recessed well for the trolling pedal. Need to be able to move it around if sitting to the side sometimes. Just a personal choice based on how you plan to fish.
    Very good point Skeeterbait. I've fished 2 up front jigging for crappie a couple of times no problems. The 188 crappie series has the 3 seat bases set further back on the deck but I don't see why you couldn't fish 2 side by side with the bass series if you had 3 across seating.

5. Member
    They are handy, IMO. Why not, it's there if you need it, not if you don't.
    When fishing with the wife, put her next to you. Makes untangling, baiting hooks, etc. easier/faster and you don't have to get up.

I got this option on my RT178 and love it when fun fishing with family for the reasons TampaJim mentioned.

2015 Ranger RT 178
    www.bentrods.org

Skeeterbait has a good point on the foot pedal, for free movement to all three seats. But if I bought a RT for bass I would still get the well. Just wouldn't screw it in. For the times I needed to move it. As Jim said its a good idea to buy the boat with all mounts installed. They are there when you do need them. And one of those options that isn't in the way. Just makes the boat ready for both styles of fishing comfortable.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

On a side note: you guys in Florida, if you want some good Croppie fishing right now. Go to Kerr lake central state. I have a friend down there now, and killing them. Just look for a sliver Rt178 with spider rigs all over it. Been there for a week and got the boats limit each day so for.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    On a side note: you guys in Florida, if you want some good Croppie fishing right now. Go to Kerr lake central state. I have a friend down there now, and killing them. Just look for a sliver Rt178 with spider rigs all over it. Been there for a week and got the boats limit each day so for.
    Your buddy is going to kill you next week. By the weekend, that lake will have enough boats to walk across from shore to shore.

10. Banned
    Loose Lips sink Ships

Skeeterbait has a good point on the foot pedal, for free movement to all three seats. But if I bought a RT for bass I would still get the well. Just wouldn't screw it in. For the times I needed to move it.
    You can do that, sure. You will have to extend your power cables and you will have to remove the tool holder so it does not trap the steering cable. But it is doable.

12. Member
    I have a Triton and I use it some for crappie fishing with 2 up front. I dont have the extra bases in the deck so I use a double seat mount that has 2 pedestals that sit on the deck and are secured by a pin that goes into the factory seat base.

You do have to remove the tool holder and unscrew the pedal but the power wires were long enough to move the pedal onto the deck. I had to remove the tray and cut loose the zip ties holding the power cable the first time and now when the pedal is in the tray I just push the excess wire back through the hole in the tray.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Your buddy is going to kill you next week. By the weekend, that lake will have enough boats to walk across from shore to shore.
    Exactly, I'm jealous. Lol. As long as he's rubbing it in because I'm not there. I hope the whole world shows up.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

14. Member
    I have the triton 18ctx with the three across seating up front. Got it for several reasons, crappie fishing being the main reason. My crappie partner is a big man and we are very comfortable fishing together on the front deck. I also got it for the grandkids. I can sit two of them up there and stay between them helping them and running the trolling motor. I love it.

15. Member
    Anyone ever installed the additional bases themselves? I have the bass version and would like to add the 3 across. I was considering just buying a black powder coated base or paint one a dark color and mounting on top of carpet. Not sure if you need to reinforce underneath?

16. Member

17. Banned

18. Member
    Here is mine. I'm using the Millennium double seat base and can very comfortably reach my recessed pedal from either seat. This said, when spider rigging, I run the trolling motor from my remote 98% of the time. This is a new boat and originally I was asking for the double bases to be installed in the boat. Given circumstances surrounding the layout of my front deck I was only able to have the one pedestal installed...i.e. I would have to buy a double seat setup. In hind sight...I am so glad it worked out this way. This double seat setup, given the seats can be moved, make placement of rod rack less critical and I can sit as close to or as far away from the rack as I choose...and this does vary from day to day.

IMG_4918 - Copy.JPG IMG_4917 - Copy.JPG IMG_4908 - Copy.JPG
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

19. Member
    My brother in law has the Millennium set and it's great. We spider rig early in the year from the front and then move it to the back of the boat trolling when it gets hot.

Way to throw him under the bus….Quick, say your joking in case FWC is watching these threads.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast