Thread: Cabin Fever

Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar

Cabin Fever

Hello all. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I wanted to wish everyone a great 2016 fishing season which is just around the corner. I am starting to think about the coming 2016 fishing season. I think it will be interesting to see how 2016 shapes up after such an up and down 2015 season (at least for me). I haven't been out yet this year, anything going on?
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

2. Member
    Hi John
    Given the weather patterns this year might be challenging if it continues like this, plus no precip we might be looking at a drought and bad water issues. This will be a better year for ya.
    Tight lines
    Scott

3. Member
    I may go tomorrow if I can get some work finished early enough. Was thinking of going to Dundee. Does that power plant near the marina put out enough heat to hold fish in the area this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Hi John
    Given the weather patterns this year might be challenging if it continues like this, plus no precip we might be looking at a drought and bad water issues. This will be a better year for ya.
    Tight lines
    Scott
    If your the Scott that I think you are it was nice to meet and talk with you yesterday. I know you were looking to leave the shop but you stayed around to chat.
    Tom
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    If your the Scott that I think you are it was nice to meet and talk with you yesterday. I know you were looking to leave the shop but you stayed around to chat.
    Tom
    Yup, its me. Yea good to meet you also. Not to fond of this white stuff falling from the sky now but oh well .

Ah, don't worry it aint sticking.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Thanks Scott! Oh you met Tom huh? Poor Guy. Lol!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    Thanks Scott! Oh you met Tom huh? Poor Guy. Lol!!!

LOL, Tom seems like a cool cat. You have any projects over the winter John?

9. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    yeah...Tom is good people for sure. I hang out with him quite a bit throughout the year. I have had a great winter but I haven't messed with any boats or fishing hardly at all. How about you? Any projects going?

10. Member
    yeah...Tom is good people for sure. I hang out with him quite a bit throughout the year. I have had a great winter but I haven't messed with any boats or fishing hardly at all. How about you? Any projects going?
    4 Gel repair jobs
    1 I/O rebuild
    2 Carpet jobs
    Move a console from side to center forward on a jet boat.
    And building jigs!!
    Na not much on

11. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Nice...You gonna have jigs at the flea market in March? I gotta pick me out some lucky ones.

12. Member
    Nice...You gonna have jigs at the flea market in March? I gotta pick me out some lucky ones.

Yep GRT jigs will be there.

13. Member
    I guess we are going to have all Weekend to shovel it out of our system. C'mon Spring

I thought my ears felt hot.

http://www.hancespointyachtclub.com/hpyc-live-cam.html
    This is cool to check out while stuck inside.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Anyone want to go fishing?

17. Member
    Hey Tom I will meet you at Anchor tomorrow. I will bring my coolie cup and and will enjoy a few a the Naughty Goose 10 4

Sounds good, I got a nice new ice sled scooter for Christmas so we can head out on the river and catch some big uns !!!

19. Member
    Been bouncing of the walls, headed back home (Maine) in 2 weeks for some ice fishing hopefully it will take care of my itch until middle march when we go to Anna for 4 days to kick off the season.

20. Member
    Well life was good back home. Caught this guy, 8 lbs. it was -10 degrees but well worth it. Now I got bout a month till season kicks off.
    Attached Images Attached Images