Thread: ACC Switch Help

ACC Switch Help

I got a standard Bluewater light package for my compartment lights. I have a 2013 Lowe 195 and it came with an ACC switch that is unused. Now I'm confident in running the wires and getting them to where they need to go but I'm not confident in how I need to splice them into the switch. It has three male connectors that connect to the back of the switch. Black, Red and Blue and some other color together.

So here is my plan and please let me know if this is wrong.

Run an 18/2 wire from the battery to a inline fuse. Continue that wire to connect to the switch is some fashion. Then I need to run an 18/2 wire to every compartment from the switch.

I'm not good with electricity so I'll take any help I can get.

Thanks,

Greg

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Your switch probably already has power.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    yes but i'm not sure if it has a fuse attached or not.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The power to the switch is probably fuesd at the battery for the entire switch panel, you should put an in line fuse after the switch going to the lights, 3 to 5 amp depending on lights
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

It has three male connectors that connect to the back of the switch. Black, Red and Blue and some other color together.
    Assume the switch is lighted? If so, the third wire (black) should be ground for the switch's light. As stated, trace the wires from your switch back to a breaker or fuse from the battery.
    Also trace the remaining wire to whatever it is powering. An unused switch shouldn't have anything attached to it. If it does, the wire may go to a fuse panel - with the other side of the fused connection unused. If that's the case, then you'll simply need to wire your LEDs to that unused terminal.

6. Member
    i put some bluewater LED's in my triton 179trx.....i just used t-taps, and spliced into the acc.switch wires under the dash.....worked perfect

if you look, you'll probably find a matching color-coded wire as the one coming off the switch in your compartment or at least near it wherever wires are run in your boat.. You just tie into that (t-taps work)