Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I priced a legend v20 and a phoenix 920 pro xp and they were very very close in price

2. Member
    Me too. I must of talked to the wrong dealer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter ZX 200 View Post
    I priced a legend v20 and a phoenix 920 pro xp and they were very very close in price
    A few years ago their was a huge difference in price. The Legend 20 footers were running mid 60's the 920 was mid 50's. When you are 14 weeks out on building you can go up on price to match other brands. This is why a lot of people seam to think the price has always been close it has not been that way except in the last year. The Phoenix brand is a great boat and has caught up in price to other brands do to the customer service, and just a flat out great fishing machine. I will say you will really like the brand if you buy one no matter what boat you came out of. I have a friend who's Legend I have fished out of over two hundred days in the last three years and they are great boats. I just believe the 921 is the best boat for the rough days on the big Texas lakes. just my 02.

4. Member
    Phoenix 921 those are similar to the prices I have seen when I was looking to upgrade from my 211r to a larger rig. Those prices reflect minimal options. With the options that my 211r has the price was over $70k and some of the V20's are topping 80k and the V21 I have no idea. Just crazy money for a bassboats. From being in both boats I do think Legend goes the extra mile and that's what made my dicision, however their are things that I deffinatly like better about Phoenix. If we could just get the two together what a rig that would be.
    Last edited by Jiggen; 01-19-2016 at 07:24 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggen View Post
    Phoenix 921 those are similar to the prices I have seen when I was looking to upgrade from my 211r to a larger rig. Those prices reflect minimal options. With the options that my 211r has the price was over $70k and some of the V20's are topping 80k and the V21 I have no idea. Just crazy money for a bassboats. From being in both boats I do think Legend goes the extra mile and that's what made my dicision, however their are things that I deffinatly like better about Phoenix. If we could just get the two together what a rig that would be.
    I have no idea how yours is rigged, mine was rigged like below.

I bought a 921 with fiberglass fender up grade, Power Poles 8",hydraulic Atlas jack plate, two Lowrance HDS 8's [ I chose to keep the ones in the boat as I like them], extra console, two bicycle seats, and one sitting seat, and this one had the Sho 250 [which is about a 2500 add on]. I paid low 60's in Oct of 2014. I could have upgraded to 12's on front and console for about 65 thousand. I priced the same boat in 2012 and could have bought it for 58 thousand. I think the 2016 would be close to that 70 range you are talking about. I came out of a 2012 Z522 which is also a good boat. I like the bigger boats being in Texas were we can be fighting 35-40 MPH wind in the spring on open water it can get bad. The bigger boats at least allow us to go fish. We can fight that wind for months at a time. I just believe after being in so many different boats if you put the best model of each brand out in a parking lot and blindfold me and told me the first boat I touch I have to fish out of for the next ten years I believe I would be VERY happy with any one of the brands I first touch. just my .02

6. Member
    That is one hell of a price. I have upgraded graphs front and rear, upgraded seats, padded decks front and rear, led lighting, stelth charging system, upgraded batteries, upgraded wheels and rims, smart gauges and all you have except for the Sho and options you listed that Legend does not offer. Mine is a 2014 and purchested it with 26 hrs on it for 55k. That was lower then base price at the time. Best deal I could find on a Legend at the time. That is a lot of bang for the buck your fishing out off no question.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter ZX 200 View Post
    Phoenix must be doing something right cause they are moving a lot of boats right now
    Really? Define "a lot". We've had two dealers here in Missouri that dropped them in the last year.

8. Member
    Don't know what is a lot, but Phoenix registers 600ish per year. Don't know both dealers that dropped Phoenix in MO, but I know one dropped them to take on Ranger. Most people know that Ranger has a 3% loyalty rebate to keep other brands out of their stores. I would say 3% was enough to kick Phoenix out of the store.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Don't know what is a lot, but Phoenix registers 600ish per year. Don't know both dealers that dropped Phoenix in MO, but I know one dropped them to take on Ranger. Most people know that Ranger has a 3% loyalty rebate to keep other brands out of their stores. I would say 3% was enough to kick Phoenix out of the store.
    Eberlin dropped bcuz phoenix didn't offer any aluminum boats which alot of there clients purchase. That's what the owner told me and ranger better suited them

10. Member
    There is a difference in adding a line, and dropping a line. The reason they dropped Phoenix was the 3% or they would have both lines. Dealers will never tell you that is the real reason they drop a line, but it is usually the case.

11. Member
    I know that I was looking at the Phoenix and my friend started letting his fishing buddies know and they told him to let me know to keep his Legend... I love my Legend too much to trade....I just hope I can find someone to fix my gelcoat on top of my hull....I have all kinds of scratches though the silver flake.....

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

Don't get too caught up in politics.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

I have a 2015 V 20. It has 10 ft talons, 2 HDS 12's, 1 HDS 9, 14 inch hydraulic JP, 112 Fortrex, SHO 250..... there is nothing else you can add to my boat, and I paid mid $60's. Where are these 70 and 80k quotes coming from???
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

DEEZNUTS! Still my favorite name on BBC...Anyhow, I paid $60k+ with no poles, one HDS 12 (one I provided myself), front deck padding, stx seating, oxygenators, loc-r-bar, 2nd console, and a few other minor options...This was under a "team" deal as well. You got one heck of a deal on your V20 no doubt...

I know BassAssassin22's rig was well into the 70s but it is probably even more decked out than yours...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    The other dealer was Marty's at LOZ.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    DEEZNUTS! Still my favorite name on BBC...Anyhow, I paid $60k+ with no poles, one HDS 12 (one I provided myself), front deck padding, stx seating, oxygenators, loc-r-bar, 2nd console, and a few other minor options...This was under a "team" deal as well. You got one heck of a deal on your V20 no doubt...

I know BassAssassin22's rig was well into the 70s but it is probably even more decked out than yours...
    I guess I will be holding on to mine for a while if the prices have jumped that much. I bought mine in March last year when Yamaha was doing the 5 year warranty promotion. So, I got 2 extra years of motor warranty..... which is huge these days.

17. Member
    I would sure like to know the dealer or dealers that are selling V20's rigged out with poles and options for mid 60k. When I was checking with the options I have on my 211r they were all hitting 80k. If someone could PM me I would surely appreciate it. There advertising 90k on the V21 right now equip so how can a V20 go for mid 60k new.

18. Member
    i dont see how legend would be the lamborghini phoenix is faster than the legend and dryer ride

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggen View Post
    I would sure like to know the dealer or dealers that are selling V20's rigged out with poles and options for mid 60k. When I was checking with the options I have on my 211r they were all hitting 80k. If someone could PM me I would surely appreciate it. There advertising 90k on the V21 right now equip so how can a V20 go for mid 60k new.
    I just spoke to Eric Morris.at Wedowee Marine in Wedowee, AL. I bought my v 20 from him. He has a new 2015 V 20 in white and blue. He will put 2 Helix 10's and 2 8 foot blades on the boat. It has a 250 SHO... price is $66k. He has another new 2015 V 20 in the Seattle Seahawks colors. It has a HDS 12 and HDS 9 with blades and SHO for $66,900.

He has a red and black 2016 V 20 with 2 onyx 10's, and a pro xs 250 NO poles for $62,500

He has a 2016 v 20 black Diamond edition fully loaded with everything for $69k

I walked around my boat for 5 minutes and bought it on the spot. He was way cheaper then the other quotes I got.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    i dont see how legend would be the lamborghini phoenix is faster than the legend and dryer ride
    Quote from the horse's mouth. (Legend owner) "I want Legend to be the Bentley of bass boats."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast