Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Member
    Does anybody have any ideas on getting my 250 pro XS faster. I looked at Simmons for flash and fly wheel ??

2. Member
    You just need more seat time.
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    You just need more seat time.

Yep...you have to get comfortable in the boat. Then you can play with props to squeeze out a little more.

Honestly....if you wanted a fast boat, you shouldnt have bought a V20. They are a low 70s boat. Thats it...or bought a 300...or a Verado Pro or SHO and ECU it to 300+ on a 250.

4. Member
    Deeznuts... was the re-flash to get it to plane?

5. Banned
    I'm still trying to get the lambo vs bmw comment....I'm sure salesman owns one of each

6. Member
    He's not putting it on there for water proofing it was for sound deading I've never had my compartments get wet on my Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    He's not putting it on there for water proofing it was for sound deading I've never had my compartments get wet on my Phoenix
    Wrong thread....lol..but I know you are talking about the AMart one

8. Member
    Well I saw my name early on in this post and sorry I am just responding. I had a Phoenix 921 w/pro xs, Legend V20 w/SHO, Ranger 520c w/G2 and now 521c w/SHO. If I was rating things to the best quality which maybe very slight by each boat it's as follows. Phoenix, ride and speed Legend, fit and finish and Rangers they are just the best on the trolling motor. Me and my brother are not small guys and the Ranger just has less rock and tracks awesome. I will never own another G2!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    Well I saw my name early on in this post and sorry I am just responding. I had a Phoenix 921 w/pro xs, Legend V20 w/SHO, Ranger 520c w/G2 and now 521c w/SHO. If I was rating things to the best quality which maybe very slight by each boat it's as follows. Phoenix, ride and speed Legend, fit and finish and Rangers they are just the best on the trolling motor. Me and my brother are not small guys and the Ranger just has less rock and tracks awesome. I will never own another G2!
    Why no on the new g2? I never thought i'd want an evinrude, but im setting up am order for a v-20 or v-21 currently and i just leaned myself away from the sho to the g2 ho because of the 10 year and power reports. I'd really value your knowledge here. Thanx

10. Member
    I sent you a pm

11. Member
    sent you a pm jimbo
    Pool 10

12. Member
    well can you pm me too on g2? I am thinking I want g2

please share with the class

14. Member
    For real, why no G2? Love my ProXS top end but my next motor may be either be a SHO or G2

Quote Originally Posted by dks300 View Post
    For real, why no G2? Love my ProXS top end but my next motor may be either be a SHO or G2
    I think its because its unproven. When the SHO came out there were several issues. Yamaha got them worked out for the most part. I think the SHO is solid for the most part. I havent owned one, so I cant fully say. I know of guys with new motors that still have the making oil issue, but I think its a very small percent compared to what it was.

Evinrude hasnt had the best track record for motor issues and finding solutions to those problems. Remember the LU issue they had? That took a long time to get worked out, and lots of pissed off guys going through several LU/gearcases in a year. It feels like Evinrude just moved on to a new motor build instead of finding the remedy for their existing issues on those motors. I dont know...I think its hard for people to jump to that G2 when they dont know if its solid or not. Throwing that 10 year warranty out there is a great marketing idea though. Better check what it covers too.

The G2 has alot of cool features though. Almost all of them are also found in the Verado with DTS. Nothing new to Merc. Everyone complains about the weight of the Verado...and I think thats the only thing keeping people away from it. Its a proven motor with a solid record. But to many, that weight keeps them away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Teach View Post
    Deeznuts... was the re-flash to get it to plane?
    And to be able to run with the other boats

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I think its because its unproven. When the SHO came out there were several issues. Yamaha got them worked out for the most part. I think the SHO is solid for the most part. I havent owned one, so I cant fully say. I know of guys with new motors that still have the making oil issue, but I think its a very small percent compared to what it was.

Evinrude hasnt had the best track record for motor issues and finding solutions to those problems. Remember the LU issue they had? That took a long time to get worked out, and lots of pissed off guys going through several LU/gearcases in a year. It feels like Evinrude just moved on to a new motor build instead of finding the remedy for their existing issues on those motors. I dont know...I think its hard for people to jump to that G2 when they dont know if its solid or not. Throwing that 10 year warranty out there is a great marketing idea though. Better check what it covers too.

The G2 has alot of cool features though. Almost all of them are also found in the Verado with DTS. Nothing new to Merc. Everyone complains about the weight of the Verado...and I think thats the only thing keeping people away from it. Its a proven motor with a solid record. But to many, that weight keeps them away from it.
    I just know that the cost of oil is killing me haha, it's insane how much oil a 2-stroke drinks within the first 30 hours or so.

lol 2 and 3 footers at 83 bull pucky not in a bird no way

19. Banned
    They are getting the kinks worked out of the G2 but have definitely had growing pains.

20. Member
    I left a tr 21 1999 triton and now have a 2011 legend 211. The ride is very good in the legend. I do have one issue when you turn hard to the right in current the boat jumps bad. The triton didn't do that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast