Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    i dont see how legend would be the lamborghini phoenix is faster than the legend and dryer ride
    A Phoenix is a dryer ride? I haven't gotten wet in my v 20.... plus my legend will do 78 mph. Yes, the motor has been "worked" but no Phoenix will be passing me.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    I just spoke to Eric Morris.at Wedowee Marine in Wedowee, AL. I bought my v 20 from him. He has a new 2015 V 20 in white and blue. He will put 2 Helix 10's and 2 8 foot blades on the boat. It has a 250 SHO... price is $66k. He has another new 2015 V 20 in the Seattle Seahawks colors. It has a HDS 12 and HDS 9 with blades and SHO for $66,900.

He has a red and black 2016 V 20 with 2 onyx 10's, and a pro xs 250 NO poles for $62,500

He has a 2016 v 20 black Diamond edition fully loaded with everything for $69k

I walked around my boat for 5 minutes and bought it on the spot. He was way cheaper then the other quotes I got.

Those are some solid prices!

Word on the street is that the infamous Greenblatt V20 is at Wedowee...

I thought my V20 was a great riding boat but I did get sprayed a time or two.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Those are some solid prices!

Word on the street is that the infamous Greenblatt V20 is at Wedowee...
    I can find out. I know they sell a lot of them. I don't think they would have that boat. I would have seen it.

5. Member
    Called them also, best prices I have called on. Boats are well equip from what I was told. The black and red one is a demo

6. Member
    920 with 250 pro running 81 to 83 and you get in to 2 or 3 footers and wind you will get spray in the legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggen View Post
    Called them also, best prices I have called on. Boats are well equip from what I was told. The black and red one is a demo
    Red and black has been used 3 times. It will be sold as new. The extras with the led's on the deck, trailer and Jack plate are amazing. That is one bad as boat.

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    920 with 250 pro running 81 to 83 and you get in to 2 or 3 footers and wind you will get spray in the legend
    Holy crap..... I couldn't get those numbers out of my Basscat Cougar FTD. But, I still get no spray. And that is fishing Lanier. I'm amazed at your speed. The guys around here get 74 to 76 from their 920.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggen View Post
    PM me your e mail and I will send you pics of the red and black boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    Holy crap..... I couldn't get those numbers out of my Basscat Cougar FTD. But, I still get no spray. And that is fishing Lanier. I'm amazed at your speed. The guys around here get 74 to 76 from their 920.
    I ran 81.7 with my 2008 FTD in November here in Wisconsin with around mid 30s air temps (unsure on water temps)... and a very light load. FTDs will run almost to the point of needing a Sportmaster, Eryas will defiantly run to that point. I was not impressed with the ride in my FTD.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_Master View Post
    I took a trip over to Wedowee marine and I asked them which they would prefer for the ride?? I was looking toward a Pheonix...they quoted "A Legend is like a lambrogini and then Pheonix is like a BMW"....That is a big difference

They also told me that I had no room for power poles...just Talons...but that my 10 yr old LE21 was looking sweet.....
    I have a 2005 le 21 and have two power pole blades on it. Plenty of room and I installed myself.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankbait745 View Post
    I have a 2005 le 21 and have two power pole blades on it. Plenty of room and I installed myself.

Just sold my 2006 LE21 and had dual power poles with plenty of room for pumps. My buddy had a 36 volt and had dual poles as well, not sure why they told the guy he had to get Talons unless they were a Talon dealer....
    2014 Legend Alpha 211R 250 Mercury ProXS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Really? Define "a lot". We've had two dealers here in Missouri that dropped them in the last year.
    Worked a bass open event last fall and I couldn't believe but probably half the field were Pheonix boats I think they are getting popular with a lot of the younger guys.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    I think they are getting popular with a lot of the younger guys.
    Wonder why?, they have moved their price up with the competition now so phoenix is not the more affordable option anymore, the deck reminds me alot of stratos which is not a complement.

15. Banned
    How many of the V20s and V21s has Legend built you guys think? Rumor has it all bass boat companys (production brands not custom ones) are moving towards a 22ft as the broad stream size for the next yrs, if thats true how is anyone going to pay for 1? Banks have stopped lending on the Wakeboard Surf boats, they cannot recover their $$$ on a depreceating piece like a boat, I think Bass Boats are going to price themselves out. Ive heard people say the Cougar FTD doesnt ride good, thats all in the Driver, have someone that knows how to drive take you, its like its on Rails....Phoenix was the Same....The Legends ive ridden in while slower had great speed and ride, but I really couldnt tell much of a difference between the 3, and Im as picky as it gets....I think either of the 3 brands would serve a person right

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have owned a Phoenix 721, 921, Legend 211, 211R and a Charger 797.

The 721 had a BF225, Lead acid batteries.
    The 921 had a BF250, lead acid batteries.
    The Legends 211 and 211R both had dual 8 Blades with lithium batteries.
    The 797 had dual 8 blades with lithium batteries.

All of the boats ran 68-69 with stock unworked props with atlas JP.

All three are really nice boats and have there pros and cons.

I like the performance of the Phoenix, the little compartments around the console area, thought some are really to small for much storage. I really didn't care for the tackle organizer. Doesn't fit my style for bigger boxes and bags. I did like the two compartments front. I didn't like the access to the bilge area form in the boatload lifting up into the the boat and having to reach over it. I liked the padded deck area but it was only on the very front ahead of the lids, very small area. Didn't have a lot of dash area for added switches and gauges like power poles and battery, and JP monitors. Rode very good and dry except for with a good crosswind. The 921 was huge and very stable. Nothing special on the fit and finish. Net storage is cool though.

The Legend was no notable difference in the 211 and 211R. Very Nice ride, soft landing, took it uptake with a friend on Memorial day with all the boat traffic and it rode great. Fit and finish is the best. Especial in the battery compartment which no one can see. Its very nice running wires and not having to worry about the fiberglass. Boat rode great but fishing out of it, It was not the most stable. Seemed to sit higher at the front, but nothing concerning. I didn't like the one big tackle area. With a guy on the trolling motor, when you went to change tackle the lid pushed the guy right up to the front of the boat with not much room to move. It had a nice day storage area, but was useless with rods on that side of the deck. The 211R had a little storage area behind the driver side rod locker which was better for a day storage. Liked the flat console with room for a big unit and switches any where you want to put them basically. Big plus is that the whole front and rear deck are padded and which is a big plus.
    Yet again even though the pumps are easy to get to, not when on the water reaching over the lids. Boat is and feels narrow.

Charger 797. Its a wide stable boat, Full padding also on front and back. Doesn't have all the little compartments like the Phoenix but has enough under the seat and under the step for the front deck like the Legend. Fit and finish is like the Phoenix. I like the split battery lid so you can access even on the boat an behind the boat. three big tackle boxes on the front deck with room for tons of boxes. Not as much in the back but nice big live wells and enough room in the boat for CO stuff. The dash is like the legend with room for big units and all your switches and monitors and gauges. The ride very nice. I think better then the Phoenix not as nice as the 211. I would give up a little ride for the stability of the boat. Now I have fished Guntersville and Old Hickory mostly and not really rough water so Unless I would have them all to take out during the same day its hard to really compare.

All three are great boats. Now this is my opinion and only on these models.

I think for the money I prefer the Charger 797. Mostly because of the layout and width. The charger is also the least expensive of the boats.

One thing I can guarantee is what ever boat I have will have a Honda and a Raymarine on it.

17. Member
    Excellent review Tim. ^^^^^^^

But dang, you go thru boats faster than I go thru golf balls.

Very nice review!

19. Member
    Hickory Legend......that is a great informative review. Thanks for posting
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

20. Member
    I think he buys his boats from Ray that host that one fishing show. They ran Phoenix thrn went to Legend and now with Charger. They run Honda motors too. I haven't been in boat with one of those new Honda 250s but bet its bullet proof. May not be fast but if you was keeping it long time that's the motor i bet that last. Thank Hickory for review. I knew you had been in all. Im sure the new v20 will be like the charger 797.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast