Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Member
    I talked to Kody and tom at legend, they told me to set the bobs at 2.5 and it still takes about 15 seconds to plane off!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael3700 View Post
    I have the bobs jack plate and they have the foil built in. Bravo 26 p with 8 holes,one hole is blocked.
    Take that plug out, you have the right size Bravo for that motor and boat.

I would raise the plate to the top, trim all the way down and put it to the floor. After you crest over start to drop the plate to the normal spot you run wide open and trim as you go.

Bravos can run higher in the water column that other props, so dont be too afraid to raise the plate some as you run. Make sure you maintain WP though...I think 15psi minimum for that motor.

3. Member
    THANKYOU GREAT INFO

4. Member
    Also Have you physically measured your prop height? Tapes and gauges are not the most accurate at times. There's also no magic number to prop setup. Your 26 may be out of spec. A 25p may be a better option also the plugs for the prop can be different but with 2 plugs you should be in the ball park. Also your throttle cable may not be allowing for wide open operation.
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    Call Kody again and let him know your marginal results. 15 second holeshot is not ok. Has the motor been checked by a merc dealer? In 15 a basscat Eyra had bad holeshot and dog poo top end. There is more then hull to your potential situation.

6. Member
    I tried today all plugs out of prop and bobs plate all the way up,the boat just shot to the ski and would not plane off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB225HO View Post
    A stock 250 SHO run light will hit 73-74 MPH in a V20. I run loaded to the gills, and hit 69-70 all summer long loaded with 2 guys over 220 lbs each. With that said.. I ran Basscat's for years. Very nice boats. Pretty fast too. I'm quite sure I was never passed by a 921, 920, 719, 721 with any type motor hanging on the back. I bought the V20 because it is arguably the absolute best team fishing tournament boat on the market. The deck is huge (I mean bigger then you can imagine) The storage is great, with center rod locker for all the days rod needs, along with huge rear storage, and the best access to a bilge compartment on the market. To be able to open each side independent of one another is awesome. Just a thought: A long run for me is 20-25 miles, so being 3 MPH faster on a 25 mile run gets me there 65-70 seconds behind a boat starting at the same time, in optimal conditions. If speed were mission critical in the BASS or FLW there wouldn't be a 520,521, Z21, FX21 etc on the tour. They'd all have Bullets or Allisons with 250 HP motors.

Why the V20 and not the V21? It is a little slower than the V20 but is a bigger boat.

8. Member
    Not sure of the question oil tech. As for Michael....please call Legend. Let them know what going on and they will address the possible issues. Being in new York where the heck are you running the boat in mid winter, with a huge storm in process? Did you go south for a fishing trip? If so enjoy!

I tried today all plugs out of prop and bobs plate all the way up,the boat just shot to the ski and would not plane off.
    Are you trimming all the way down during takeoff? Plate all the way up should put the nose in the air less than plate down.

What RPM'S are you turning approximately?

Oiltech-typically the bigger/longer boat is slower...yes.

10. Member
    Michael did you check to see if they removed the shipping bolt from the transom bracket? If it is still there you won't be able
    to trim the engine all the way down or in.

11. Member
    Yes I go to Florida for 4 months of the year.

12. Member
    Plate all the way up , trim all the way in,after on plane 5900 rpms. Gps 68-69 mph. Using bravo 1xs with 8 vent holes all holes are open.

Plate all the way up , trim all the way in,after on plane 5900 rpms. Gps 68-69 mph. Using bravo 1xs with 8 vent holes all holes are open.

Thats super slow, and way too high on R's.

Do you have any other props to test? The Bravo is the right size, and with all holes open it should give the quickest holeshot. If you have other props I would throw one on to see.

The other way to test is to go opposite, plate all the way down and try it there.

If those things dont work, I would call Legend. Something isnt right.

14. Member
    I had a 24pitch fury on the boat. 6000Rpms and 69-70 mph. Same problem with hole shot . I switched to the bravo because the dealer that I bought from told me that four V-20's are using the bravo 1xs 26 pitch with great results.

I would call Legend if you have a holeshot issue no matter the prop.

Top end can be figured out later.

16. Legend Boats Moderator
    I had a 24pitch fury on the boat. 6000Rpms and 69-70 mph. Same problem with hole shot . I switched to the bravo because the dealer that I bought from told me that four V-20's are using the bravo 1xs 26 pitch with great results.
    Definitely get with your dealer or Legend. Something isn't right

How fast did you plane though? 5900 is fine with R's at WOT.....You can adjust plate to pick up more R's and possibly speed.

Was the the same issue with a 15 second plane? What R's are you coming up on plane at? I mean...is it holding around 2k forever...or is it slowly going from 2k to 4k and then it lays over?

18. Member
    Did you have a holeshot plate installed? Like xranger said does it bog for long period of time or develope 3500 or so rpm and just plow forever? If if spins to rpm and won't plane call Legend if it bogs forever then it may be a motor issue. Either way some things wrong!

19. Member
    Chris when I get back to Rochester We will have to hook up May be you will figure it out.

20. Member
    I might have figured it out, plate all the way up get moving till about 1500-2000 rpms and hit the throttle it planes off in about 7 seconds. After I hit the throttle I start bring the plate down,works pretty good. I switched back to the bravo 26p with all 8 holes open. The boat runs 5925 rpm and 70 mph.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast