Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Thought maybe it was. Very absurd comment though. Thought maybe Blake showed up again
    Don't worry about him. We both know a Phoenix with a 225 will out run that boat. I would also have to see a video showing what he's carrying to get there. Not saying a legend won't get there but not a v20 with much in it

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Don't worry about him. We both know a Phoenix with a 225 will out run that boat. I would also have to see a video showing what he's carrying to get there. Not saying a legend won't get there but not a v20 with much in it
    Ive got my video post of 77.5 in my 921 with a full load, regular batteries and 10' Blades....on a stock Verado with a Bravo prop

I have no doubt if I sent my ECU to Whipple I would pull low 80s.

I have a buddy that has a V20, that I would say is the fastest I have seen documented speed on....he gets like 74 when its a good day. V20 isnt a fast boat..they are built for room and comfort...

3. Member
    So you're saying a 921 is faster than a 721 or 920. Cause I can pass those with my Stratos 201 and I dont run 77.5. And a bunch of guys have them around here.

I think generally speaking the 920 is the fastest Phoenix model...However, his 921 set up may be faster than many of the 920 boats out there...I don't know?

I hear you about the Stratos 201...I had a 16 model 201 Evo with 250 XS...I would see 78+ in the cooler months (during tournaments with a fishing buddy) and I don't remember ever being passed by a Phoenix. I had a dual console model and power poles but I was running 4 lithium batteries. I loved that boat but the deck size was just too small for me.

5. Member
    I would guess the Stratos would be a tad faster than big Phoenix models. The Stratos is a little smaller platform. But there is no betting on internet speeds. They always amaze me, on all brands.

Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    So you're saying a 921 is faster than a 721 or 920. Cause I can pass those with my Stratos 201 and I dont run 77.5. And a bunch of guys have them around here.
    Assuming you are talking to me?

I believe I have a fast 921, yes. Not faster than a 920 or 721 if set up correctly. I dont think so anyway. I do know if I sent the ECU in like the guy did, I wouldnt have an issue breaking 80.

I cant speak for other guys with those boats (920/721), but I have see many videos of them touching 80, so Im just basing it of what I have seen in other peoples videos. I know the 201 is a pretty fast hull and the EVO is even faster.

Only reason I posted about the guy, was he was running his mouth about speed, and he isnt even running a stock motor which I think is kind of pointless to brag.

There is a whole lot of Stratos design in the Phoenix.....so thats probably why they are as fast as they are. Some of the same design team.

Last edited by xranger77; 01-13-2017 at 04:46 PM.

7. Member
    Wow the number of people on this forum any more I thought maybe legend quit building boats

Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Wow the number of people on this forum any more I thought maybe legend quit building boats

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

9. Member
    I have seen personally GPS speed in a 921 go 80 but realize that was with Lithiums and 2 power poles full tournament loaded. The 721 can get 78-80 bone stock, the 920 the same.

10. Member
    I have a 2017 legend and I have a terrible hole shot, I am running a Mercury pro XS 250.What setup are you using to get 78 mph and what modifications did you do to the motor.I would appreciate any info. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by michael3700 View Post
    I have a 2017 legend and I have a terrible hole shot, I am running a Mercury pro XS 250.What setup are you using to get 78 mph and what modifications did you do to the motor.I would appreciate any info. Ty
    The guy "running 78" in a V20 isn't running a stock motor. If you read through it all you will see that. He is running a SHO as well. You are SOL on touching 78 with a stock motor on a V20...haven't seen or heard of one yet.

Basically that SHO he is running is a 300-325 HP motor, Rev limiter is up another 400 Rs as well. He has his ECU flashed I'm sure.

Your holeshot has to do with setup...not strength of motor. Or maybe you have one of those poor planing V20 hulls

12. Member
    Is anybody running Bravo 1 XS with eight holes on a legend V-20 and how many holes are you blocking off. Thanks for the info

13. Member
    It sounds like you do not like legends. I have a bobs jack plate and my V-20 is a 2017 with the better hull. I have the plate set at 2.5 and trimmed all the way in. I am running the Bravo1 XS with eight holes,one hole is blocked off. Any Help

Quote Originally Posted by michael3700 View Post
    It sounds like you do not like legends. I have a bobs jack plate and my V-20 is a 2017 with the better hull. I have the plate set at 2.5 and trimmed all the way in. I am running the Bravo1 XS with eight holes,one hole is blocked off. Any Help
    If you are strictly concerned about the planing...I would try pulling the plate all the way to the top and then trimming under. Pull that last plug out as well. I run Bravo props all the time as well.

You have to experiment with the plates height to find where the boat wants it. Every hull/motor/prop setup will be a little different. What pitch Bravo?

-I just dont like people making absurd claims about stupid things like top speed with a modified motor and comparing it to stock-

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Remains to be seen if Hopper and co. buy out goes through this summer I know phoenix is the fastest growing brand by alot, and legends sales fell last year, so we will see.

16. Member
    You need to try raising the plate just for launching the boat and lower as you plane out. For the plugs you want the boat to bite and hold around 3500rpm for best holseshot. The quicker it hits that rpm and holds it the better the holeshot. If it takes to long open it up more if it goes past that easily add another plug.

i found that a tempest and bravo perform the best. I'm sure the fury 4 would also be good. You can also look at buying a foil or holseshot plate which helps.
    Nitro z21

17. Member
    Michael.. If you are having planing issues call Legend, and they will help. The boat may need a hole shot plate. The motor may have issues. Your set up may be extremely heavy in the rear. Don't just assume the hull is the issue. Call Kody, and he will help. Every one that has had issues, and addressed it with the factory, has seemingly been corrected, and satisfied.

18. Member
    A stock 250 SHO run light will hit 73-74 MPH in a V20. I run loaded to the gills, and hit 69-70 all summer long loaded with 2 guys over 220 lbs each. With that said.. I ran Basscat's for years. Very nice boats. Pretty fast too. I'm quite sure I was never passed by a 921, 920, 719, 721 with any type motor hanging on the back. I bought the V20 because it is arguably the absolute best team fishing tournament boat on the market. The deck is huge (I mean bigger then you can imagine) The storage is great, with center rod locker for all the days rod needs, along with huge rear storage, and the best access to a bilge compartment on the market. To be able to open each side independent of one another is awesome. Just a thought: A long run for me is 20-25 miles, so being 3 MPH faster on a 25 mile run gets me there 65-70 seconds behind a boat starting at the same time, in optimal conditions. If speed were mission critical in the BASS or FLW there wouldn't be a 520,521, Z21, FX21 etc on the tour. They'd all have Bullets or Allisons with 250 HP motors.

19. Member
    I am running the bravo 26 1xs with 8 holes. Thanks for the info

20. Member
    I have the bobs jack plate and they have the foil built in. Bravo 26 p with 8 holes,one hole is blocked.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast