Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    beebow, you are correct. I have bought my last few boats from Ray.
    I have checked out every boat and played with them and found it to be this best deal for me.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 02-01-2016 at 06:13 AM.

2. Member
    Pretty much what most have been saying finish and ride Legend and performance Phoenix. Interesting info on the Charger. Great review, just what we where looking for. Direct, honest and to the point. Thanks

3. Member
    Well I will say this about that. There is one reason Charlie and Ray are with Charger. Mercury cut a promotional deal with Legend so unless they (Fishing Univ) were willing to part ways with Honda, they had to find another boat company. That's just the facts and a business decision should not be confused with a "this boat is better than that boat and that's why I switched". Do you REALLY think KVD fishes from a Nitro because it's the best boat out there????

KVD could do whatever the hell he wants to do and still make $$$...Dude doesn't have to cash a check in another tournament for as long as he competes and will STILL make more money than most professional anglers on a year to year basis...

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    KVD could do whatever the hell he wants to do and still make $$$...Dude doesn't have to cash a check in another tournament for as long as he competes and will STILL make more money than most professional anglers on a year to year basis...
    Agreed, BUT he'll fish outa that nitro as long as they make it financially beneficial to do so. NOT because it's a good boat. Despite the fact that he probably has the money to spend on any boat he wanted to fish out of. Like another said.....business.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Well I will say this about that. There is one reason Charlie and Ray are with Charger. Mercury cut a promotional deal with Legend so unless they (Fishing Univ) were willing to part ways with Honda, they had to find another boat company. That's just the facts and a business decision should not be confused with a "this boat is better than that boat and that's why I switched". Do you REALLY think KVD fishes from a Nitro because it's the best boat out there????
    Are you saying that you can only get a Legend with a Merc on it now?

I think there is a loyalty factor there with KVD and Nitro as well...He has been with them for as long as I can remember...He has no reason to leave at this juncture in his career or ever for that matter.

A good number of professionals actually struggle to make a living...These are the guys who may switch boat brands if they believe one brand gives them a competitive advantage over another...For example, let's say both Brand A and Brand B are offering a discounted boat at 25%-35% off of retail...Remember these are the mid to lower tier professionals we are talking about so they aren't getting free boats or anything of that nature...If Brand A is faster and more agile, maybe that could mean the difference in cashing a check or two? These are the professionals where cashing another check or two in a year means the difference between staying on tour and going back to working a 9-5.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    That's not true. I just inquired with Kody last week about a motor other than a merc and it was no problem at all.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    fishing partner has a new G2! I was totally against it when he ordered it but now I would buy one it's the real deal.
    I was the same way on my G2 920 bird but man i'm a believer and if I wasn't I would of already sold it.

10. Member
    I think the g2 is awesome motor.

11. Member
    I'd trade my pro xs in a heartbeat for a g2 if the deal was right.
    Nitro z21

I hope this is the last year fro the Pro XS (2 Stroke)...I'm ready for Mercury to launch something new in the 200/225/250 HP range!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    No, the point was that Merc and Legend signed an agreement not to show other motors on their promotional boats and advertisements. Since FU was sponsored by both Legend and Honda, one of them had to go. Obviously, it was Legend. Man you guys are bad for reading into things.

14. Member
    Start a new thread...geez

15. Banned
    Found this video of aaron martens on improving phoenix rod/tackle boxes, you don't have to go buy gasket material at wal-mart to make you boxes water tight on a Legend... SMH

Not true...Just speaking from my experience...My V20 compartment lids leaked water...

17. Member
    Figured I would respond here even though this is an old post. I've had my V20 for about 8 months and fished in many heavy rain showers....Never had a compartment leak from rain. I will say however that I do not like the over wash that comes over the back when you let out of the throttle too quick. This can be eliminated when you slow down slower but when you let out too quick it does come over pretty good and this will allow water to get into rear compartment if more water comes in than can go through rear drain holes in rear lid rim. I will also say that the rear drain holes around rear lids should be in the REAR of the back compartments not in the side. The placement of these drain holes around rim of back compartments allows water to stand in the rim of back compartments and not drain out. Not sure why they did not put the drain holes in the vary back. Overall great boat though as good or better than my old 520.

My V20 was the only boat I've owned where the term "dry storage" didn't apply to ANY of the compartments.
    2015 Legend V20

19. Member
    My 2016 V20 is the most dry compartment boat I have ever owned. Not a drop in any of them in the worst conditions.

20. Member
    Not a v20 but my 211 is dry as it gets. Fishing in rain power washer at car wash hosing down boat when washing never any wet spot in any compartment.
    Nitro z21

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast