Thread: KastKing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KastKing

Ok, so I know someone on here has had to have tried their products. What are yalls reviews on anything they sell? Are their prices really good or do you get what you pay for? The line is ridiculously cheap. Especially the braid. Any input would be appreciated. Always looking for deals. http://www.kastking.com
    01 Charger 395
    2000 Yamaha OX66 225
    Black 10' Blade
    Garmin 106 and 93sv console
    Garmin 126 and 93sv bow with livescope
    FX Custom Rods pro staff

2. Member
    Ttt
    01 Charger 395
    2000 Yamaha OX66 225
    Black 10' Blade
    FX Custom Rods pro staff

Try one and let us know.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Member
    Was waiting on you to
    01 Charger 395
    2000 Yamaha OX66 225
    Black 10' Blade
    FX Custom Rods pro staff

They should sponsor a couple of guys on the BASS and FLW tours if the product is a real deal.
    Lots of review videos on their baitcasters out there.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    its so cheap just try it. not much lost if bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jab0106 View Post
    its so cheap just try it. not much lost if bad.
    Except a big fish.
    I got nothin

8. Member
    They look to be well built products. I may order the braid for Cobia season.

It's not always the case, but I think most people assume low cost equals poor quality
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

10. Member
    I did do a cheap china fishing line review. It's not this exact brand but likely made in the same place.

http://bassfishingchicago.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13

It looks like some of the Chinese stuff you see on ebay. Then again, they may be the same people making stuff for name brand companies. Especially since most of it comes from china.
    "I see dead people"

I bought one of the rod racks, hasn't let me down yet. Easy to put together (no tools were required - only took 5 minutes), aluminum construction, very light weight, holds a lot of gear but I don't like that it didn't come with casters.
    2007 Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW with 60hp 4-stroke

13. Member
    All of their reels for sale are available on ebay directly from their manufacturers in china for much less.

14. Banned
    They are junk...don't buy one...don't waste your time reading the reviews...all the casting reels they sell are junk...and the rods aren't much better. Don't know bout the rest of the crap they sell...just the casting rods and reels. The panels don't line up and are different shades...colors don't match. Also lots of burrs and rough spots...the finish leaves a lot to be desired. The frames are weak and flex. The rods aren't that bad but you can do better for the same money.

15. Member
    I bought a reel two years ago thinking if I get a year out of it, I got my moneys worth. One year later I took it apart and not a bit of rust or gunk after a year in brackish waters. I have bought three more since and like them all. Never used any of their other products.

I don't think I'd waste money on the reels, but the rod racks they have are really nice looking. The 24 rod holder is on $49.00 on eBay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/KastKing-Rack-em-up-Fishing-Rod-Holder-Portable-Aluminum-12-Fishing-Rod-Rack-/181719249093

BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    I bought one of the 12 bearing bait casters for 25$ . Tried it for a year with no issues at all. Just got 3 more in the mail the other day.

18. Member
    I bought my daughter one---I have thrown it a few times--no issues good reel

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    They are junk...don't buy one...don't waste your time reading the reviews...all the casting reels they sell are junk...and the rods aren't much better. Don't know bout the rest of the crap they sell...just the casting rods and reels. The panels don't line up and are different shades...colors don't match. Also lots of burrs and rough spots...the finish leaves a lot to be desired. The frames are weak and flex. The rods aren't that bad but you can do better for the same money.
    Their rods and line are great. I have a dozen of their Perigee rods and use their fluoro, copolymer, and braid and never once had an issue. I seriously love all the kastking line. The new mega8 braid is awesome, comes in black too which I like.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...f_rd_i=desktop
    Last edited by brewha40; 01-06-2016 at 04:48 PM.

20. Banned
    Never tried any of their other stuff...just a casting combo I won in a raffle and gave to my neighbor a week later. I couldn't get it to hold a tune. I would get a few good casts then it would need to be adjusted again...then a few more casts and out of tune. I think it was due to the frame flexing while casting. The rod was decent but when I looked it up on their site they were asking $100 and I felt I could do better for that kind of money. I'll have to give the braid a try...thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast