Thread: 2016

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug88 View Post
    GE and DOW today,...............................anybody else buying.............?
    Nothing that I'll admit to.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

2. Member
    Blue Horseshoe loves Apple.

3. Member
    My best move of 2015 and it looks like 2016 as well is when I bought a shovel and dug a hole in the backyard. Everytime I thought of buying I would just go to the hole and put my money in it. Not a great return but a least I am not losing my a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    My best move of 2015 and it looks like 2016 as well is when I bought a shovel and dug a hole in the backyard. Everytime I thought of buying I would just go to the hole and put my money in it. Not a great return but a least I am not losing my a$$.
    That might depend on the mole situation...
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

5. Member
    GE and DOW today,...............................anybody else buying.............?
    Looking to get some Paychex if it gets into the lower 40's and the yield gets close to 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    yup I also went about 30% cash after X-mas...........now...buy...buy...buy

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Good thing I'm many years away from retiring. Today sucked and so does this market.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Good thing I'm many years away from retiring. Today sucked and so does this market.
    I'm 72, retired and don't know what to do. I will probably wind up down 5% this week, but if I sell out it will add to that loss in fees, plus where do I go?
    Last edited by Bassin08; 01-08-2016 at 04:31 PM.

IMO.....At 72 u shouldnt have that much exposer to the market.

10. Member
    I'm just sitting back and enjoying this cheap gas. It was 1.55 a gallon here today. I'm waiting for oil to bottom and start the climb back. This has worked out VERY well for me over the past oil sector cycles.

11. Member
    IMO.....At 72 u shouldnt have that much exposer to the market.
    I just checked my YTD and I am actually only down 2.5%, but I was down about 1.5% for 2015 too, so I am not doing very good overall.

Asia opening with another hit to their market. Not sure when I'm ever gonna get in.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Asia opening with another hit to their market. Not sure when I'm ever gonna get in.

What exactly are you waiting for? When you want to buy something and it is down, not because of fundamentals, but because the overall market is down, those are opportunities. Now the current market is much different than it has been for years. But a tough market will make you a better investor or trader in the long run, not necessarily more wealthy, but when you are young is when you want to learn the lessons.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Maybe I'm being stupid, but to see a big downgrade after a stock is already down huge for the year, right before earnings, and the downgrade report mentions headwinds that may already be known about and in my mind priced in, there is only one thing to do. I added to my UA position today. I have too much UA now. But I am taking the risk.

Looking to add some AAPL but waiting until the earnings report on 1/26....

and to actually cost average down several other ugly ones that I have at the moment... gotta sit on them for quite awhile so I might as well sit a little lower..

I'm getting beat up bad on Continental Resources and Ford. I guess I'm gonna ride them all the way to the bottom because I hate to take the huge losses just yet.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Did the Federal Reserve raise rates in a negative GDP qtr? More and more data suggests that we may be entering a recession. Oh and that Jobs report, I think it was total manipulation for the sole purpose of the SOTU address.
    Low oil is great for the few people who still have jobs. Walmart is starting to cut jobs and shutter stores. Who ever would have thought that Walmart would be shutting stores and laying off. If oil sector layoffs didn't concern you then I would think Walmart job cuts might. It sure is making me concerned. Not that I wasn't when oil started falling. The CSX report the other day was another worrisome report.

I wouldn't look at your retirement accounts. I know I'm not looking at what I have.

18. Member
    Last edited by tj; 08-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.

19. Member
    Hindsight is 20/20 but when all the commodity prices dropped last year it was a signal that the world economy was slowing.

20. Member
    In Hope Mills there is a Walmart superstore. Three miles away they have plans for a neighborhood store. Three miles from that store a new Supercenter is going to open in March. So you will have 3 Walmart stores within 6 miles. Their target is to put the local mom and pop and small chain grocery stores in the area out of business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast