Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    red devil,

I attempted to mount an E-ladder on my Ranger 621/Merc 250XS/no jackplate a few years ago, but quickly realized the bolt spacing was different on my XS. No way to make it work.

I really would like to add a ladder. If I understand correctly, I would need to go with your transom mount and drill holes. Is that correct? The jackplate model can't bolt directly to the engine mount?? Are the flat steps available on the transom mount model?
    Give me a call I've ran into this a couple times on the Mercs. I can get you fixed up without having to drill any new holes.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Champion man you will probably just leave it bolted on and send the e ladder back

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    We'll see, I've had the E ladder on there for 10 years, and won it at a Rally so free is good. I said I'd give it an honest comparison and return it to him when done with the eval.

I have a TR21X and it came with a hidden built in emergency ladder. Now I have never had to use it but are there any known drawbacks from it? It got pretty high acclaim when first introduced. I've always thought the Ranger factory available ladder looked strong, but it's always deployed.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    We'll see, I've had the E ladder on there for 10 years, and won it at a Rally so free is good. I said I'd give it an honest comparison and return it to him when done with the eval.
    how did the ladder test work out

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    how did the ladder test work out
    Red Devil sent me a PM saying he was covered up but would send it out soon.

7. Member
    Hope any or all of these work well. For many years I've advocated using the cavitation plate and tilting the motor to get back in if you fall in, but when I tried it in cold water with soaked winter clothes on, it just put me further from the boat with my jackplate. I think I could have gotten back in with one of these step systems. No, I would not like to try one out, I'm through swimming fully clothed.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    On the bobs ladder we have an oil impregnated nylon bushing so no noise and easy to slide

http://bobsmachine.com/searchquick-s...eywords=ladder

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Red Devil sent me a PM saying he was covered up but would send it out soon.
    Champion your ladder is going out in the morning. It should be there by the end of the week

10. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Really looking forward to this comparison. I need a ladder on my old Ranger. I fish alone the majority of the time.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

You can wait for the comparison but you will be very happy with the all aboard as youve seen by all the testimonies. But whatever you decide just get something. All boats need one!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Champion your ladder is going out in the morning. It should be there by the end of the week
    Thanks! Before you ship it make sure it is a starboard mount, the EZ Ladder is mounted on the port side. If it matters.

Ok I'll change the bracket to a starboard one. I was going to send you a port one so it was a direct side by side comparison. No problem.

14. Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12