Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Post Heads up Ranger VS1780

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if anyone is thinking of purchasing. I'm reading elsewhere about transom welds cracking. It doesn't appear to be an isolated incident either.

Would you care to say where else where is? I'd like to read this.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

I'm gonna assume on walleyecentral?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Banned
    Pics posted on walleyecentral in the boat forum. Theres 12 pages on the boat and the cracked weld talk with pics starts around page 8. 2 boats with cracked welds

5. Member
    Sometimes a riveted hull can be an advantage.

6. Banned
    I only saw one boat. It had BAD cracks in Transom splash well. It also had an Evinrude 135ho and a Talon mounted to the transom.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Pics posted on walleyecentral in the boat forum. Theres 12 pages on the boat and the cracked weld talk with pics starts around page 8. 2 boats with cracked welds
    They comparing it to the Tundra yet. Those folks have long memories.

Doesnt sound like a happy owner. Be hard not to be that frustrated thats a terrible spot to have cracking occur as far as repairs go. To me that is due to the lack of bracing in that splashwell area there is alot of pulling stress on those corners where the cracks occured.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Banned
    Neither of the boats in question are more than 6 months old

10. Banned
    Things are bound to happen to a new boat in production. It's something they will have to work out over time. I have a crestliner its all welded, I have no issues and haven't heard too many owners who have? So don't think a rivited boat would be any better or worse. I don't blame the welding process, I blame ranger for not making a better welded boat. What they should be doing is picking up that owners boat taking back to the factory and A. Finding out how/why the weld failed B. Perminatly resolving the issue and C. Fixing the boat and making the customer feel confident in his/her purchase. That's why ranger owners pay a premium for ranger boats, no?

Go read the thread. This guy is not giving Ranger a chance to fix it. Ranger wanted to take the boat back to Flippin and he just wants to ..... "Part ways" with them. His comment below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I've been trying for the last year and a half to get all my concerns addressed. After the cracks in the transom I'm done. I don't want a repaired boat. They want to send it back to Arkansas but I'm not comfortable with them doing the work. I figured it's easier if I take the loss and buy from another manufacturer that values the customer. I just hope nobody else has to go through this."

There is a real good chance Ranger would replace his boat but if he's not willing to give them the chance to make it right, well............

He says he's got about $36,000 in the boat. He says he figures it's easier if he takes the loss and buy from another manufacturer that values the customer. Something not right about all this. It appears there is something more to this than meets the eye. It just doesn't make sense for him not to let Ranger make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by jimco View Post
    Go read the thread. This guy is not giving Ranger a chance to fix it. Ranger wanted to take the boat back to Flippin and he just wants to ..... "Part ways" with them. His comment below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I've been trying for the last year and a half to get all my concerns addressed. After the cracks in the transom I'm done. I don't want a repaired boat. They want to send it back to Arkansas but I'm not comfortable with them doing the work. I figured it's easier if I take the loss and buy from another manufacturer that values the customer. I just hope nobody else has to go through this."

There is a real good chance Ranger would replace his boat but if he's not willing to give them the chance to make it right, well............
    I agree I had a stress crack in the hull of my 2014 RT188 and Ranger replaced the hull. Actually they built me a new boat, let me add some options that were not available when I bought mine and even let me change colors. Ranger changed out the motor, trolling motor and all my added electronics from the old boat and All I paid for were the new options. They did not give me a final decision as to whether they would repair or replace until they had a chance to see the stress crack at the factory but I see that as appropriate and responsible. IMO Ranger will do the right thing given a chance.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimco View Post
    He says he's got about $36,000 in the boat. He says he figures it's easier if he takes the loss and buy from another manufacturer that values the customer. Something not right about all this. It appears there is something more to this than meets the eye. It just doesn't make sense for him not to let Ranger make it right.

I read that too and thought the same thing. That makes zero sense at all.

Don't get me wrong, I understand fully his frustration, but Ranger has demonstrated time and time again that they will make good on these aluminum boat issues.

Iam thinking he hit something and is trying to force Ranger into giving up the money before it gets to the factory. With 36k in a boat I'd let them do what ever to fix it. Something is pretty shady here.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

17. Member
    I was thinking the same thing. Also the the stories are inconsistent, one boat or two? Boats under six months but he has been trying to get his boat fixed for a year and a half. Story smells fishy.
    2015 RT178 - 75HP Mercury Four Stroke

Yeah that guys experience with ranger sounds total opposite to what I've had. But also sounds like he's working through the dealer rather than with ranger themselves. The middle man might be causing issue but who knows. Lots of keyboard commandos out there.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Yeah that guys experience with ranger sounds total opposite to what I've had. But also sounds like he's working through the dealer rather than with ranger themselves. The middle man might be causing issue but who knows. Lots of keyboard commandos out there.
    I would tend to believe this as well

20. Banned
    The manufacturer is obligated to make it right under the Magnuson Moss Act and if they can't, refund the money. It seems to me like the guy wants a temporary fix and then is going to dump the problem on somebody else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast