Value of 2004 520VX bench seat?

I'm considering ordering a new bench seat from Ranger ($1,350--yikes!) and wondered if anyone would want mine. I'm not sure what it would be worth but you can judge the condition from the photos. What do you think I could get for it?

2. Member
    Try some tear-aid patch tape on the crack in your seat, https://www.tear-aid.com/ I used this last spring to keep the tears from getting worse on my 1999 518VX and I got to say this stuff is still holding strong. If nothing else it will keep your old seats from getting the foam all soaked when you get caught in the rain. I got mine at Dick's back in the camping area, then found a larger roll on ebay. Merry Christmas!

Just order the skins and have a local shop put them on for you..it should be cheaper than new seats.

518DMK, I'll try the Tear-Aid. Thanks!

Mworkman, buying new skins from Ranger is $550 plus $200 for the coin box center console part. Local guy wanted atleast $500 to put the skins on. I'd be willing to put them on but I can't find any tips for doing it. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos before doing my carpet but haven't found much help for seats. Seems like getting them really tight would be hard.

How do you remove this seat? I have a 520 and need to remove the seat .

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parkj5 View Post
    How do you remove this seat? I have a 520 and need to remove the seat .
    4 screws in front at the bottom, remove the back of the seats (Velcro) and two more there. Then the seat lifts up off a hook on the rear of the middle seat.

Mine have 2 screws behind the middle back of each seat and 3 screws in the back of the center fold down seat. None towards the front edge of the seats that I know of.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Moon View Post
    Mine have 2 screws behind the middle back of each seat and 3 screws in the back of the center fold down seat. None towards the front edge of the seats that I know of.
    Ditto with mine. Just pulled it the other day to change out center with Ranger coinbox.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Ditto with mine. Just pulled it the other day to change out center with Ranger coinbox.
    How do you like the coin box? I've not seen one in person. How much was it?

Somebody got some pictures for us slower folks lol.. of the screws to remove that is lol..

I had the same scenario last year, same seats same colors. I ordered the seat bottoms and the inserts from Ranger and put them on myself. I would charge $400 as well because it is hard work! The guys that do that for a living earn their money!! The back part of your seat looks ok and the color of the new skins will match up pretty well. There are no tips, just rivet, stretch and staple with s.s. staples

12. Member
    I like it a lot better than the jump seat.
    Cost was $236 with Ranger ash colored carpet, which I've changed already with a hunter green remnant piece I got from Marine Carpeting in Georgia to match the rest of the boat.
    Mike

This is what happens when you step on your SRS seats

14. Member
    Before:

After, before installing back in boat:

Mike