Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I just found this thread. I assume it applies to most high perf hulls. So what I understand you are saying is if you were to put a rig on a balance beam it should balance mid way on the rig (motor, plate & hull. If this is the case has any done this and see what the results are? Would the same principle apply for sea level vs hi elevation?

2. Member
    Paul knows Bullets

3. Member
    I do understand that but just wondering if the balance it from the middle of the rig or somewhere else. Sounds like the middle. Paul is an extremely knowledgeable person, wish I knew a fraction of what he does.

4. Member
    I think everyone is talking about a SM verses a TM. What happens when you put a Gen2 Wingmaster in the equation?

5. Member
    I have neither the torque master or sport master gear case. I have a sho.

6. Banned
    Strokerdean, I don't think the center of gravity (balance point) would be anywhere near the physical center of the boat lenght.

Paul, thank you for taking the time to respond with so much information. I fouind it very enlightening. I do not mean to hijack this thread but, was wondering if you would address another related question. Prop lift is a little confusing to me. I sort of understated how prop design can cause a prop to rise (stern lift) as it turns faster but, bow lift confuses me. Bow lift it seems to me has to be a factor of thrust, as the prop under the boat pushes harder it tends to want to lift the bow. How does prop design affect this? Looks like to me if a prop bit hard enough to hold the motor say at 5800 RPM at WOT changing to another prop that had a different design but turned the same RPM at WOT would have the same bow lift. It seems to me a 3, 4, or even 5 blade would have no affect on bow lift as long as they all turned the same RPM at WOT. Would not the forward thrust along the prop shaft determine bow lift with all other things being equal?

7. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I was wondering where the balance point should fall.

8. Member
    Well I guess the balance question doesn't really mater as I ran 103 yesterday and backed it up today with 102.5 in the clouds. (4350 ft elevation)

9. Member
    Great job, Dean!! You Stroker guys have been flying lately! Sometimes nothing beats trial and error, the best running boats have had plenty of hours logged changing props, ballast, motor height, etc as I know you have... That's MOVING at any elevation, let alone 4350'!!!

10. Member
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko71 View Post
    Great job, Dean!! You Stroker guys have been flying lately! Sometimes nothing beats trial and error, the best running boats have had plenty of hours logged changing props, ballast, motor height, etc as I know you have... That's MOVING at any elevation, let alone 4350'!!!

11. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=665100

Here is a post from Nichols with a TON of info on this.. I feel like every bullet owner should read this.

12. Member
    Last edited by mikes733; 03-06-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Posted on wrong link

13. Member
    Ok I've read this whole forum and I'm not sure if I'm more confused or not lol. I have a Triton V176 Magnum I have a 175 EFI Mercury which is alittle overpowered but OK,
    I have about 12'' of setback also have a 3/4'' wedge trying to get more trim, My boat still seems to be nose diving at 55 mph, I have had many suggestions from to much setback to motor is not high enough, any suggestions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123