Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's running a DBR kit on a 300xs

I'd like to hear what prop your running. Rpms, gear ratio, and speed would be great if your willing to share. I'm considering putting it on my 20xdc. Thanks

2. Member
    What # kit are you wanting to know about? They have 2 out, a 1.1 and a 1.3 with the 1.3 being the last one out. The only person that has ran both kits is Mach 1 (Chris) that I know about and he will have to tell you the difference.

3. Member
    I need to educate myself on those options. I'm not sure the differences. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

21xrd 300xs with 1.62 gears and a 32 performer 4 BC has run 101.4@5950. I am running the DBR 1.1 kit. My dad (Rex1) now has the 1.3 on his boat and we will do some back to back testing, just have not done it yet.

5. Member
    I'm running a DBR on a 20 XD I think it's a 1.3. Has the raised limiter and intake ring for better air flow. 1:75 gears with a 32 promax turned 94 at 6100 rpm I'm fighting a fuel rail problem at the moment but I think if I lighten up the boat it may get close to 100 whit some setup work.

6. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I am not sure that the DBR kit is worth the money. I have had a stroker with a stock 300xs and now a stroker with a 300xs with the DBR 1.1 I think with the Mike Nass cowl with the air plenum . Both boats ran over 97 with a 30 pro max loaded with me and the wife (400lb) and a heavy fishing load 3/4 tank of fuel and no water in live well.
    I may have gained 1 to 1.5 mph may be! Hole shot may be better with the DBR but still running the stock fly wheel.
    Last edited by spider1; 12-17-2015 at 06:31 AM.

7. trapp201pro
    I have the 1.3 with the Mike Nass cowl with the air plenum on a 21SS Bullet,to say the least Im not impressed .I sent it back and had it rechecked,Rex1 sent me his to run,to compare,his is also a 1.3 there was no difference between the 2.My boat is set up to fish so its always pretty heavy plus graphs catching a lot of air,plus Im not a little feller either.I run a 32 promax and a 30 promax, both worked by Matt Lahti in Texas,so there pretty stiff ,there about like running a 32 and a 34,so I may have to try some more props so I can get my RPMs up.All I can say is its your money ,spend it like you want to.

8. Member
    I did A LOT of testing with DBR different programming. As of right now the fastest i could get was equal to stock most was slower then stock. Mike Nass cowl and air intake plenum gained me 3mph.

If id have to do it over again, Id get a nass cowling and plenum and just get my Rev limiter raised to 7000rpm with stock programming.

Im running a 20XD with a 2015 300xs.

This is just my personal results with my 2008 300xs. I gained no topend speed with any of my fishing props. I did gain a noticeable difference in holeshot and a small gain in midrange. My motor also idles smoother than stock and does not slow down as much during the heat of the summer. Setup for topend I only gained 1.8 mph. We are only talking about 25 hp and that does not equal a large gain in speed. What I gained in holeshot and midrange was worth it to me on MY motor. As dad can attest to, my motor was not nearly as strong as his and Hubert's motor on the low end. Not sure what is different about my 2008 model to their 2012 or 13 model but there was defiantly a difference. I am running the 1.1 kit, light weight flywheel, and Nass cowling. Early this year we put dads stock computer and cowl on my motor while he tried my 1.1 stuff. He did not notice any gains, however my boat defiantly slowed down on holeshot and midrange. It was a slug again out of the hole and reminded me why I like my DBR stuff on MY motor.

I will see if dad is up for some testing soon and post results between my 1.1 on my boat and his 1.3 on my boat.

I know Aron has run both 1.1 and 1.3 on his SS, maybe he will chime in. I do not think he was able to test the 1.1 to 1.3 result back to back on the same day.

So there is no problem runnin the Nass cowl with the stock tune? I keep hearing different things....
    Last edited by crank68; 12-17-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. trapp201pro
    Hyper has ran it all summer,he says the computer makes the adjustments to keep it from running to lean,and since he has ran all summer he may be no to something.

12. Member
    All very good information guys thank you!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    So there is no problem runnin the Nass cowl with the stock tune? I keep hearing different things....
    I have 100ish hours now on my 300XS with Alien cowl. The ecu will self adjust itself for the amount of air.

14. Member
    Is the 300xs a mass air efi? I thought they were all speed density??!!??

15. Member
    Alright my main million dollar question! Do any of you think the kit jeprodizes reliability, or could shorten motor life? I haven't heard a bad thing about it yet...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 206gambler View Post
    Alright my main million dollar question! Do any of you think the kit jeprodizes reliability, or could shorten motor life? I haven't heard a bad thing about it yet...
    I have been running the dbr mods on my 300xs for 3 yrs now. I never really saw much gains but i dont really stretch it out very often. My main reason for the mods was for the better reliability. I read all of dbr's blogs when developing & testing the mods. The biggest thing that stuck with me was that his program cleans up several lean spots in the stock program.

17. Member
    Well I like the sound of that ^^^^

Me too !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

19. Member
    So how many horsepower does a 300xs with a dbr kit make?

20. Member
    It's advertised as 25 HP & 25 ft. lbs. torque. You can go to davebushracing.com & see & read about all the products & watch some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast