Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Do you need to replace air sensor or other mods to run the 1.3? Or replace air sensor only for the 1.1 flash? Just bought a spare pcm with 1.3 on it but no instructions to run it.

Thanks,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corne View Post
    Do you need to replace air sensor or other mods to run the 1.3? Or replace air sensor only for the 1.1 flash? Just bought a spare pcm with 1.3 on it but no instructions to run it.

Thanks,
    They just remove the sensor and put a plug in the hole, Personally i found better performance with the air sensor still plugged in. When i had it removed it seam some days the motor would run strong and others it would be a dog.

Do you have a alien cowling ?

3. Member
    My air sensors were not removed. The location for the mounting of the sensor itself was moved to make up for the redirected air. It is supposed to read out side combustion air temps
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    My air sensors were not removed. The location for the mounting of the sensor itself was moved to make up for the redirected air. It is supposed to read out side combustion air temps
    That's what i meant by removed. I run mine in factory location.

Here is my experience with the DBR kit on my 300XS.

Topend is 1-2 so far on my big number wheels. To me, it was very noticeable. My boat would struggle to hit 100 on most days and if I hit a really good day it would run 101/102. It runs that easily now. Not to mention the midrange acceleration is much stronger. I have data logged 6 different props on it to date and have 100's of passes data logged. So I have a lot of before and after numbers. All improved. Not to mention no rev-limiter so some props jumped 4-5 mph (specifically 26p) if I was on the limiter. None of those props are my big number wheels.

Last edited by River Rocket; 01-14-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12