Thread: AAPL

Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

AAPL

AAPL is IMHO a good contrarian stock. Back when it was trading over 700, everybody was upgrading it and talking about going to 1000. There where some ridiculous price targets and everybody loved it. That marked the top and began selloff that took it to around 500. At 500, everybody hated it, and downgraded it saying it was a phone manufacturer, it was done it lacked innovation. That marked the bottom. Of course Carl Ichan and AAPL themselves where buying hand over fist. Now recently, don't forget about the split, AAPL traded up to around 130, received a bunch of upgrades, and has sold off down to where we are now at about 110. Everyday is a new warning about inventory checks or downgrades or something else negative. How quickly we forget recent history. Now maybe they're right this time, or maybe this a buying opportunity. No one ever knows till we're looking in the rear view mirror. I know what I'm doing....................

I'm here for ya. If you'd like to see it go up 300% in one day, just let me know and I'll short it.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    lol. I have to admit, I have traded AAPL terribly. And probably negative for the year on AAPL. It will probably go lower and make me sweat bullets but I know if it goes much lower to around 100, I have to pick up more.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Oh good atleast it didn't go to zero today. Maybe next week

5 minutes left. (still time)

There's always GoPro........
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    There comes a time when you just have to take your lumps and learn from your mistakes. Oh well.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    im still buying it.

8. Member
    Buy.....Buy......Buy. The I7 will make you rich! NOT?

9. Banned

And now Ichan is out completely and the stock is back to 95. Seems like a good time to pick up some more and go long.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I will give it a few days to digest. If AAPL could come out with something new and innovative it would be great but my fear is that becomes an IBM
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I will give it a few days to digest. If AAPL could come out with something new and innovative it would be great but my fear is that becomes an IBM
    I'm thinking that when the 7 comes out it'll get a decent jump and I'll be ready to pull out then and either wait for it to come back down or move on to the next stock. Not moving Ichan volumes but if I can consistently sell higher than what I bought in at I'll take it. I hear that's the secret to making money in the market
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

13. Member
    After the split I've been in it in the 95-97 mark. I sold out at the 128 mark, but if I had the money available I'd still be buying in under the $100 mark, especially with the iPhone 7 launch coming soon. I bought right before the 6 was released and didn't regret it. The "s" models don't seem to have as good an effect on the stock. Ichan was also pumping the stock with valuations of 180-200+ though so I'm sure that didn't hurt the price going up to the 120+ mark. I'm glad I didn't hold out on the 180 though.

who would of ever thought that three years later it would have a rapid climb from the end of last Octobers 248 a share to todays 300

15. Member
    I bought some right before the 7-1 split and have been holding it all that time and reinvesting dividends. I can't seem to part with it. I think they have so many avenues for revenue and a good balance sheet that it was one of the few stocks I may be content to just own for a lifetime barring any major changes. Still, I know I should trim. Of course on the flip side I bought NVIDIA at 165 and wrote calls on it and it got called at 185 and now look at it
    Last edited by NitroZ7; 01-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't know if I should be happy about this move or more worried. Too many stocks making too big a move too quickly IMHO
    Thanos was the hero

17. Member
    I don't know if I should be happy about this move or more worried. Too many stocks making too big a move too quickly IMHO
    Agreed

18. Member
    I second that.

19. Member
    Going forward it seems like we all are going to have to be very selective about what we buy and at what price we buy it at. I really think we need some more fear and volatility in the market. I have been putting all my 401k contributions in cas since last October hoping I can use it for a lump sum investment if we get a major correction. So far that has not worked out.

20. Member
    As I stated in another post, I went 90% into CD’s on November 26, 2018. I missed this run up in the market, but I’m 76 years old and probably won’t have time to recover from a large correction. If I was younger I would not try to time the market and I didn’t back then.