115 4S Command Thrust?

How can you tell if a unit has the command thrust lower unit or the standard. Is there markings or something to look for? Looking at a RP190 and interested in the Command Thrust option?

Quickest way is engines with command thrust LU's will have "CT" on the back of the engine cowell right under the "115". Ranger does not offer CT engines on the RT's and to the best of my knowledge not on the RP's either. My dealer says they were tested on the RT hulls and there was no benefit. Mercury advertises it as an application for heavy hulls.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can also provide the engine serial number, from which we can determine the gearcase type.

I personally PREFER the CT model for most bass-boat applications. The primary benefit in a BASSBOAT application is that it opens up a wider-array of prop choices.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I have a 115 4S CT on my Z6. I have only had it out 4 times as I bought it late in the season but so far very happy. Boat gets on plane quickly and was running 54 GPS, 2 people,half tank gas and gear. 25P fury.
    Last edited by johnsobo; 02-28-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

5. Madfish
    you can get the CT on any boat even ranger RT's---I have one on my Crestliner VT 18---just have to specify that is what you want---love the performance on the boat with this motor---outstanding hole shot and top end performance and only a few hundred diff in cost!!!

6. Member
    I have a 115 4S CT on my Triton 17pro, with 24P Tempest plus with 6" man jackplate. Tried researching before I purchased but there wasnt a ton of info on it in terms of testing on bass boats. Spoke to Don before purchasing and his reviews were nothing but positive. Incredible engine. Great hole shot and good top end. One person boat loaded 54-55 mph gps, two people full of fuel and gear 51-52mph gps. Still tweaking the jackplate settings.

7. Member
    Those numbers are as strong as the 115 opti ProXS.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Very strong performer, for sure.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    The new Pro XS is also coming in command thrust....
    I would love to see some numbers of a Pro XS Command Thrust on a bass boat hull.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrb View Post
    The new Pro XS is also coming in command thrust....
    I would love to see some numbers of a Pro XS Command Thrust on a bass boat hull.
    It would be interesting the prop selection you have three hundred more rpms to play with. I would imagine breakneck holeshot and still really good top end. This is the 115 to have for sure.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!