Screen data not saving after changing

I recently picked up a 73SV and each time I go out I have to update the overlay data each time I turn it on. Is their not a way to save these so you only have to do it once?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Are you powering it off by turning off the master power switch on the boat, or using the power button on the unit?
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

3. Member
    The master switch. Do I need to turn off via power button on unit to get it to save?

its just second nature at end of day to just kill everything via master switch.

4. Member
    I would say yes....not to mention that turning it off by a master switch is inherently bad for most electronics.

5. Member
    It's basically a computer, so use the power button.
    What I do is power it off when I put it on the trailer and get up out of the drivers seat to go hook the winch to the bow - that way you can turn both units off (if you have two).
    Always done it that way (also no one can see your tracks and waypoints in the parking lot - lol).
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catmantwo View Post
    It's basically a computer, so use the power button.
    What I do is power it off when I put it on the trailer and get up out of the drivers seat to go hook the winch to the bow - that way you can turn both units off (if you have two).
    Always done it that way (also no one can see your tracks and waypoints in the parking lot - lol).
    THIS .... Alll electronics needs to be powered down. It's been that way since the became computers.