Mercury 150 Fourstroke Motor support

I have a new 150 4s (2b210632). Its on a Carolina Skiff with a easy load trialer but there is no place to put a support. My question is someone making a stand alone unit like they do for the 2 strokes?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krich77 View Post
    I have a new 150 4s (2b210632). Its on a Carolina Skiff with a easy load trialer but there is no place to put a support. My question is someone making a stand alone unit like they do for the 2 strokes?
    I have the same engine and went with the "My Wedge". Easier than a toter and it doesn't mess up the paint on my lower unit.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'm not real fond of the wedge-style supports... many of them sit on the face seal of the cylinder.

Have you checked with MotorMate?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I'm not real fond of the wedge-style supports... many of them sit on the face seal of the cylinder.

Have you checked with MotorMate?
    I've been after MotorMate forever and they don't yet build one for the fourstroke. I'll take a look at how mine sits and make sure it doesn't sit on the seal, I can understand how that would be bad. The trailer support types seem to mark up the lower unit and wear through the paint, so that is why I went the other route.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're right about the ones that wedge onto the gearcase.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I looked at motormate but they don't make one. I can add a piece to the trailer for a regular style just wanted something easier.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You guys need to keep asking for them... hopefully they'll start making one soon.

Not sure how the lower cowls wrap around the front on the 150 but on some of the smaller engines like the 60 class the nuts thats the motormate rests against to lock the steering and set the motor on are totally covered thats why they are having a hard time coming up with something for some of the engines.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.