Thread: Any BMW riders?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any BMW riders?

I've been lurking on this sight for several years now and have yet to see any BMW owners post or at least own up to it. I'm on my 4th BMW now and ride a '14 R1200RT. Love it! Put 13.5k miles on it this summer and still fished a dozen tournaments ending 3 points shy of 1st place (first loser).

Not me, I believe it is 50-60 miles to the nearest BMW bike dealer around me. I have heard that they are a big hit with the Sport Touring crowd. Bike is a bike and the wind is for everybody.

I know that in most places it is a jaunt to a BMW dealer, fortunately for me, I have 3 within a 60 mile radius although I deal with the one furthest away. I now own the 4th one I have had and feel they are very dependable and maybe the reason for so few versus a dealer in just about every town. I know of Bob's there in MD that is very well known.

I have seen Bob's adds on Craig's list many times.

When I rode in the Christmas Parade last week, a guy rode a '72 Beemer with us. Made it through the heat/ stop & go no problems until we got to the parking lot at the end. His left carb started puking. Suspected the needle stuck flooding the bowl.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Those old "air heads" are pretty bullet proof except for occasional occurances like that.

7. Banned
    I'm a BMW wannabee, as they're absolutely fantastic machines. Our local cycle dealer has a used 13 F800 dressed out, but has had no luck moving it at a fair price. I'd also like the Ducati 1200 Multistrada, but they're out of my price point.

But for now, I've got too many cars/trucks/boats/ATV's to buy batteries and insurance for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

But for now, I've got too many cars/trucks/boats/ATV's to buy batteries and insurance for.
    You forgot maintenance and tires.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

They are all our big boy toys----and we deserve them!

10. Member
    love my bmw's have a 1975 r75/6 and a 2014 1200 gsa, been great for the last 80,000 miles. longest ride so far from new England to florida no problems at all. plus riding my gs off road is a blast.

Any of you "Beemer" riders ever go the national MOA rallies?

12. Member
    been to 2 so far, tenn. and vt. lots to see and do, camping is ok but close together. great deals on bmw stuff.

Should be close for you this summer in Hamburg, NY.

14. Member
    sadly, I have a night tournament that weekend, hard to decide which one to do

15. Member
    Not a beemer rider yet Suzuki v - strom thing about it though !

16. Member
    BMW technology is years ahead of the jap bikes & a decade ahead of Harley.
    I have come close to buying a K1300GT & most recently the K1600GT. Awesome bikes.
    i am just so much more comfortable on Harley Touring bikes. For me it's the forward riding position on the BMW that is not comfortable. Power, braking, handling, lighting... BMW's are GREAT.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

17. Member
    Jeff from Wisconsin here. Yes I have a K1200LT for my solo bike. Fort Worth rack on the back. GL1800 for tandem, KZ600d for playing, Concours just because, XT350 dual for the woods, Old school chopper with Z1900 Kaw motor for bike night. If I knew how to put pics on this board I would show you them all.
    Happy Trails

18. Member

Cool K-Bike

[QUOTE= For me it's the forward riding position on the BMW that is not comfortable. Power, braking, handling, lighting... BMW's are GREAT.[/QUOTE]

I think you should jump on a BMW and run it a thousand miles or so. As far as the riding position, Ill say to you what a BMW rider told me years ago when I made the same remark as you made above...............Did you ever see a cowboy ridin' a horse layed back with his feet out in front of him????? The K1600GT is a rocket, and it stops and turns, and has fingertip controls for the features. Couple it with a Shuberth Bluetooth helmet and you are set up for a long distant ride.......Im betting you'd really enjoy the power, braking and features....

19. Banned
    We do here. I have 2 (R1100RS & G1150GS/A) and wife has 1 (G650GS her other ride is a Triumph Daytona 675SE).
    Love all these bikes. Last year did a run from Idaho over to the coast all the way down to the Golden Gate Bridge. Was a beautiful trip and the RS was perfect for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got an '07 R1200R, my first BMW. Outside of the few recalls and ABS module going south I love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast