Thread: sho to verado ?

sho to verado ?

Don, I sold my procraft that had the 250 verado engine a couple years ago. I recently bought a 2015 skeeter zx250 with a 250 sho motor . The motor probably has around 50 or 60 hrs, warranty until 2020. What are the chances of finding someone to swap motors for a 250 verado (similar hours or new) ? How much would I expect to loose in the deal or break even ?

Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Really no way to answer that question- as figures would be up to whomever you find willing to trade.

Aside from your rigging (which would ALL have to go)- you can look up the engine values (for a general difference idea) at:

www.nada.com (consumer side, boats, outboard motors).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 12-11-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    Why don't you like the SHO?

4. Member
    The Sho is a nice engine, its not that I don't like it.

For me, its like comparing Chevrolet to Ferrari. The verado has digital shift, power steering, electronic hot foot, and the verado is way more quiet. Just my opinion though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post

For me, its like comparing Chevrolet to Ferrari. The verado has digital shift, power steering, electronic hot foot, and the verado is way more quiet. Just my opinion though.
    I agree, after driving both, it's tough not to choose the verado. The little comforts make a huge difference.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post

I can certainly see this after having that the standard stuff seems pretty primitive to be honest.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    but its 100lb heavier and drafts lower in the rear

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    but its 100lb heavier and drafts lower in the rear
    NOT necessarily. The Verado will require less setback (as it has nearly 5" setback built into it).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor