Part 1!

I am planning a trip do something that I have always wanted to do, camp on the outer banks of my home state of North Carolina. By the end of this week, I will have made reservations for Oregon Inlet Campground to arrive May 16 and leave out on the 21st. It will be me and the wife and our 2 dogs. For reference, we normally spend the kids spring break camping in one of SC's state parks. This year our youngest is a senior,he has his own plans, and spring break is last week of March, so we decided on a trip for "us" this year. We have a pop-up camper we will drag down there. We provide our own meals and only need access to a store for forgotten or emergency items. For those that have done beach camping is there anything different or out of the ordinary, compared to lake camping, I should be aware of?

Part 2!

Way back when I was youthful and single I would travel to the big salty lake at Beaufort, NC to fish in late July. I always stayed at an inland campground and would travel up and down the coast fishing off of bridge abutments or where I could access the water to wade fish. I would normally catch the start of the summer flounder run. I could also catch a few red fish and trout wading the grass flats and sometimes even catch some Spanish running. The day before I was to return to the mountains, I would take a trip out on a head boat. I have been trying to figure out what would be running and biting during my trip. I am trying to plan on what rods and tackle to take, I have 2 surf rods and will be taking at least one that I can throw jigs with a popping cork. I am not looking to spend a great deal on saltwater tackle but would be willing to buy a few things that would make my fishing time there more productive. I do not for-see doing a charter or head boat on this trip. I am open to any advice for fishing down there.