Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BPS Carbonlite Rods

What's the review on them? Looking to get a 7 foot MH micro guide rod. I was really impressed with how light they are.

2. Member
    Love the carbonlight rods, micro guides are not the best quality. Having my friend replace all the guides on two of them this winter. They lasted a few seasons but have already replaced three guides so far.

3. Member
    They do feel great. All positive review on BPS' website. The Duckett Ghost rods a very similar in weight and price.
    2006 Basscat Pantera Classic w/ 200 Merc Optimax

4. Member
    I have several 7' and 6'6" MH and some for three years and have fished the dickens out of them and never had a problem. They sure feel great on the old rwrists after hours of fishing. My grandson lost a micro guide on his (from banging the tip around) and BPS gave him a new rod with no problem.

I have three casting rods and one spinning rod. One casting rod is the older black rod and the rest are the newer white ones. They are great. Love them. I have a 7' MH with micro guides that is use for worms. I have a 7.1 Lews Tournament MG on it with 17lb flourocarbon. It casts great with weight down to 1/4 oz, great sensitivity and handles fish well. Every time I bought one I went in intending to buy more expensive rods but walked out with these instead. But I agree with the post above that the guides are not a durable as I would prefer.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badz71 View Post
    Love the carbonlight rods, micro guides are not the best quality. Having my friend replace all the guides on two of them this winter. They lasted a few seasons but have already replaced three guides so far.
    I had my local BPS reserve a rod for me so that i was guaranteed to take one home. Just so happened the one they had on the side for me had a micro guide broken off towards the tip. Luckily they had another 7 footer on the shelf. But, being curious i went to the reel counter and asked the guy about a possible issue with the micro guides breaking. He told me it rarely happens with the newer carbonlite versions. He did however tell me that that was in fact an issue with some of the very 1st editions of the rods. He said the "Foot" on the guide wasn't long enough so they'd very easily fall off or break. They have a 1 year warranty.

7. Member
    I have one for sale 80 plus shipping! I really like it but the custom rod company i am part of the team with is not bass pro so i am selling all my rods.
    SEAGUAR

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rduffy75 View Post
    I have one for sale 80 plus shipping! I really like it but the custom rod company i am part of the team with is not bass pro so i am selling all my rods.
    Which model / specs? Might be interested.

9. Member
    you have a PM
    SEAGUAR

Broke a carbon lite 2.0 last night in tournament..snapped on hookset

Anyone know the warranty? Rod is 2 years old

Thanks in advance
    Basscat P4

11. Member
    Take it back and you will probably get a new rod. As I stated above, the grandson broke a line guide on his 3 years old (his faulta0 and they just told him to go pick out a new Carbonlite.

Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    Take it back and you will probably get a new rod. As I stated above, the grandson broke a line guide on his 3 years old (his faulta0 and they just told him to go pick out a new Carbonlite.
    Thanks!
    Basscat P4

13. Member
    I think the power ratings are off. They are rated heavier than what I would consider them the MH is more Medium to me.

I like them but not the greatest for bottom stuff with subtle strikes. The St Croix Mojo Bass are better in the same price point.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

15. Member
    I have a 6' 9" MH white previous carbonlite rod for $60 ship if anyone is interested.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

16. Member
    I work part-time at BPS, and although I don't own any Carbonlites, we sell a ton of them. That's all some people use and they love em. I still like cork grips so I haven't tried them but they seem to be a good value in that price range.

Thanks for the info guys..just got back from BPS, they gave me a full refund.

They didnt have one to replace it instock..Liked the rod but will be happy to replace with something else.
    Basscat P4

18. Member
    Kercha83, I sent you an IM.

19. Dogfish_Jones
    My wife has a few of them that she uses, she hasn't complained about them. She use to use St. Croix rods but they were breaking apart on the lower portion near the handle.

20. Member
    replied
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbasser View Post
    Kercha83, I sent you an IM.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast