Camper ? RV Rental Companies?

I have been lookin for a company that rents campers or RVs (as they seem to be called now). I haven't had a lot of luck, except for 1 company that wants about a grand or more a week for an RV that's more than what we need. Just my wife and me and we are planning a trip to the West next year. She has heard me carryin on about Yellowstone and Utah and Arizona for so long but we never seemed to have the time ( or the money at the times we had the time) to go. Well now we do, but don't want to spend 4 to 5 grand on an RV for 3 weeks.
    When we did take vacations together, they were to Hendrick's Creek Resort at Dale Hollow.
    I was a construction Superintendent and was busy in the summer and she works for a jewelry repair company, in charge of stones and is very busy in the winter. Not that you could have a good trip to Yellowstone Park in the winter.
    The only one I've found so far is 'Cruise America'.
    Anybody ever dealt with this outfit?

I rented from them and yeah, it's about a grand or so a week depending on mileage. I think they are the only national chain. The rental is pricey but if you camp are it to a week in a decent hotel PLUS eating out fr every meal it's not that bad. Unless you happen to have a trysting friend with an RV you not going to do this on the cheap?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member
    Thanks Bruce

4. jhensley
    I've been looking for a slide in POP-up style 8 foot truck camper for fishing trips
    needs a shower and stool, lol ac would be nice
    I know what you mean ive looked and there just to crazy in pricing for renting them plus mileage ,, wanted to rent not own it ......
    That's why I am looking to a truck camper so I can pull the boat and just buy one and keep it
    John

5. Member
    You might want to look into private party rentals, LOTS of people own an rv but never use it. Go to an rv storage lot and see if the owner knows of any ..... or look on the classifies rv sales or always the web and craigslist. You'll usually have to get an insurance rider to show the rv owner. I'm in So. Utah and before we got our 5th wheel we rented a 26ft hard slide out trailer ( they are out of business now) to take to Yellowstone ....no canvas pop ups allowed, has to be a hardback because of the grizzlies. It was in late June, the skeeters had just hatched and they were VERY hungry so take plenty of Deet type spray. Beautiful place though........good luck.

6. Member
    Cruise America has some serious deals, if you are flexible.
    They relocate new RVs from the factory to various facilities AND they send used units from various facilities to refurbishment.
    On top of that, they move from South to North in the Spring and reverse in the Fall.
    http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/hot_deals/

7. Member
    Thanks everybody. There is a camper sales here in Boone County I was planning on visitin tomorrow to ask if they knew anyone who rents them.

8. Member
    Have you looked into US Rents it or Camping World?

9. Member
    Thanks Jdub, but looks like neither one of those outfits rents RVs. And the 'Hot Deals all start in Chicago and end up in various cities out West, so you'd have to rent somethin else to get home. P lus you have to pay for mileage over 200 per day, so that will still cost more than regular rental. Not a very Hot Deal, huh? But thanks for the info guys.
    BTW I went to the dealer near here and they said Cruse America is the only place they know of for rentals.