Prop for Excel Bay Pro 203 with Suzuki DF140

This is not the typical bass boat. I'm a crappie guide but thought I might get some input here. I have put the 2016 center console rig in the water one time. The dealer put a Solas Rubex NS3 13x21 prop on it. Suzuki recommends a 14" diameter prop. After the initial break-in of 2 hours at 3500 rpm then 1 hour at 4500, I pushed the throttle down to WOT. I was trimmed all the way down, no jack plate, full fishing load with 5 batteries, 30 gallons of fuel, fully rigged but by myself. The water was choppy but OK for this hull. When I punched the throttle, it instantly hit the rev alarm. I'm not sure what that is but from indications, it was 6500+. It didn't sound like the prop totally blew out but since this is my 1st 4 stroke, I decided I was way under-propped. I dropped it back to 4000rpm then put it on the trailer.

This boat is a 15 degree deadrise with the "Exceleration Pad Hull". It weighs 1550 bare hull and is rated for 150HP. I'm looking for direction as to what I need to consider running. I will typically have 3-5 people, full fishing gear, 30 gallons of fuel and that much water in the livewells. I'm not setting this rig up for total top-end. I demand a good holeshot and decent mid-range. I'm figuring I need to be looking at 4 blade props.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Member
    Did you get an answer on this?
    No longer a bass boat owner...
    20' Blue Wave 200 V Bay 140 Suzuki.... so slow

3. Member
    6200 rpm's max with a 2.59 geared lower unit.