Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I have fished in a boat with black carpet that was pretty hot everywhere and on the feet and hands.... I know the RT has a gray carpet and not black. I can't remember if I have ever fished out of a solid black boat. I believe if the gunwale was painted black and I bet it is, that it would be pretty hot to the touch on a bright sunny day. The burgundy/maroon (not the bright red) color that they have is one I like as well as the silver. The black is beautiful indeed but I would consider the hot metal areas you might touch.

I think you have picked out a very nice boat and set it up with excellent accessories. If you are still in the middle of the process, I would recommend thinking about ordering it without batteries and add your own maintenance free type such as the Optima or another brand with similar characteristics.
    Yes black gunwales are hot to the touch. I've got charcoal carpet, had tan in the last boat. Whether the charcoal is warmer or not is negligible. I wouldn't go back to tan because of the way it shows dirt.

2. Member
    Thanks for the tips on the color... I hadn't thought about the heat factor from the darker color. I did consider the Optima batteries, but I think I'll have to upgrade to them over time. They're pretty proud of them things!

3. Member
    Sweet scoot!
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

I have a black RT and it gets hot in the summer. You couldn't go barefoot on the carpeted deck.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

5. Member
    I ordered mine mid October. They started building it November 30th and it got to the dealer yesterday. The dealer called and said it was there but Ranger shipped it without installing the console depth finder
    Ranger is shipping it to the dealer to be installed next week

6. Papap
    Mine should be in next week also. But it was ordered with no gauges. Dealer is installing a HDS9 gen3 in consol and Suzuki color LED display instead of all the regular gauges
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Suzuki 115SS
    80# Fourtrex
    Lowrance HDS 10 & 9

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I ordered mine mid October. They started building it November 30th and it got to the dealer yesterday. The dealer called and said it was there but Ranger shipped it without installing the console depth finder
    Ranger is shipping it to the dealer to be installed next week
    I bet they ran out of them and they were waiting on a shipment and instead of holding your boat up in storage they went ahead and shipped it without the graph. That would not be a surprise at all with the Black Friday sales and holiday shipping and so forth. It won't be a bad install anyway.

One thing you could do is tell the dealer not to drill holes in the boat for the transducer and put a mounting plate back there since the ducer has not already been installed. I tried to get that done on mine to avoid the holes but the message did not get to where it was supposed to.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

8. Member
    So it sounds like it's taking about 6 weeks from order time to production start... Mine should be built by mid-January then. I might have the garage under construction by then!

9. Member
    Update from Cabela's... the order went in on 12/1 and the build should be complete by 2/1/2016. ETA on a scheduled shipment from Flippin to Cabela's Fort Worth is about 2/14... just in time for Valentine's Day! My wife will be so happy!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
    Update from Cabela's... the order went in on 12/1 and the build should be complete by 2/1/2016. ETA on a scheduled shipment from Flippin to Cabela's Fort Worth is about 2/14... just in time for Valentine's Day! My wife will be so happy!
    Perfect timing. It's a good thing you ordered it when you did or she wouldn't have gotten her gift on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Perfect timing. It's a good thing you ordered it when you did or she wouldn't have gotten her gift on time.
    Yes, indeed.
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
    Thanks everyone... definitely looking forward to getting it.

spinningreel: I ordered it in red but I'm still toying with the idea of changing it to the charcoal. The color matters more to my wife than it does to me... I just want to take it fishing!
    KY blue the way to go !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12