Considering Legend V20 Purchase

I will potentially be in the market for a new boat in the next 6-12 months. I've been a Ranger man my whole life, but with all the uncertainty going on there right now, I'm a little hesitant buy a new one. I really like the layout of the V-20 and am considering switching brands. I just wanted to ask actual Legend owners if they are satisfied with their purchase, and feel the boat is made to high-quality standards. How is customer service? Are there noticeable differences in the ride/fishability of a Legend vs a Ranger? I did see one thread on here concerning broken stringers, which is concerning, but I realize every brand can have the occasional issue. I only live about ten miles from the factory, so I plan on taking a tour soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    I went from Ranger to Legend about 8 month ago, and never looked back! The ride with the Legend is fantastic! Every co-angler who fished with me, without a fail have said that it was the best riding boat they have been in. I am supper picky, and very particular, and as a new owner needed a whole lot of assistance from Legend. They have not disappointed me at all (I must say that when I had a Ranger - their support was excellent as well).

To me this motto from Legend is pretty accurate: We don’t mass-produce boats, we build boats. Bass boats. The best bass boats.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info!

4. Member
    I have a 2016 v-20 and love it .best riding boat I have ever been or drove. I will pm you my contact info if you want to talk about a legend.

5. Member
    I switched over from rangers and have been nothing but impressed out of my legends. I ran the 211, 211r, and now the v20. If you like the way your ranger fishes the v20 will definitely impress you.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info, guys!

7. V20Eufaula
    Both are really really good boats...Most guys are going to hold bias one way or the other for obvious reasons. There are going to be good and bad stories with just about every boat manufacturer out there. The best thing for you to do would be to get out and ride in one for yourself. Take a close look at the quality of both brands. Make your own determination on which brand you like better. Good luck!

8. Member
    What has impressed me most from my 2010 211 is when in rough water, when you crash down from a high wave at high speed is that all you hear is the water. No rattling or stuff bouncing around, just the sound of the hull hitting. Only boat I have owned in 43 years that has not a single rattle in it.

9. Member
    Screamin Reel... Go with the V series, I've owned 4 Alphas and the V21 I the best riding boat they have ever produced! If I could get this site to upload pictures, I'd post pics of my V21. Horrible site or up loading pictures.

10. Member
    I switched from Skeeter to the Alpha 211, and I am dying to upgrade to the V20. I love my 211 but that V20 is just sick!!! I'll for surely stay with Legend from now on. I just know my 211 took on Toledo Bend with a stiff 20mph north wind like a champ

11. Member
    I have run Skeeter's for 20 years and just bought a 2016 V-20. I am very impressed with the ride, the fit and finish is amazing and the factory support was exceptional. I was mostly nervous about the fishability once the trolling motor was down because the skeeter was such a rock solid stable fishing platform and I partner fish with two big guys mostly flipping right up front. The V-20 has tons of room up front and it is very stable. It tips slightly more than the skeeter (but less than my partner's bass cat) but given the much better ride and the larger deck that is totally tolerable trade off for me.

12. Member
    while im not a V-20 owner I just recently bought a 2006 LE-21 and must say for a 10 year old boat im very impressed with Legend and the ride. The boat feels like its on rails when it turns and doesnt have the bounce or skip like ive felt on some boats. The ride in rough water is surprisingly smooth, when it landed it didnt have a sudden jar or slam like some boats do as well. ar as stringer issues..... im a believer that if you take care of something then it will last. The previous owner took great care of the boat and it shows. I also like how Legend finishes out the compartments and you dont pull back a hand full of fiberglass when you reach into or under a compartment.

I had my V20 for about 10 months now and I am very impressed...Like others say I have had co anglers fish with me who never been in a Legend and they are all impressed. I have a few small things that I would change after running it a year but I would buy another one when the time comes. I thought about upgrading and getting a 2016 but I love my boat and the colors and everything else that I am happy with this boat and look forward to another two to three years out of it!

14. Member
    I have been reading about cracking? Whats up with that? Any truth ?

15. Member
    Ride in all of them in 2'-3' waves or 1'-2' chop. Get what feels SAFE and comfortable to you. All in all there were only 2 other brand boats I was considering for the price. All were about the same in price moderately equip. My Legend V20 had the best ride in my opinion and my other half (She) felt more safe and comfortable as well. She liked it more than any other boat we ran from a comfort standpoint. Its not the fastest boat out there but its one of the fastest boats out there in rough water. Run all of the boats you are considering and make a decision based on what works for you and your comfort level.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemoney View Post
    I switched from Skeeter to the Alpha 211, and I am dying to upgrade to the V20. I love my 211 but that V20 is just sick!!! I'll for surely stay with Legend from now on. I just know my 211 took on Toledo Bend with a stiff 20mph north wind like a champ
    Call me u dad has my number.Rick from Baton Rouge.

17. Member

v21Travis

I'm loving my V21, I've always had Tritons and this boat is by far the best riding, best fishing boat I've ever been in. Ran 60 mph across Toledo Bend looking like a field full of white sheep. Stayed dry and the ride was awesome to say the least.

18. Member
    I'm on my second legend and love them! If you want to save some money though, you might want to look at a Ranger again. My friend just bought a 21 ft Ranger because it was 10k cheaper than a legend
    Pool 10