Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Yes...…..But don't add the Premium Plus.
    Thanls

2. Member
    May I asked why not the extra oil?
    I guess to avoid fouling the plugs though, but why it is good on the Optimax?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flcusat View Post
    May I asked why not the extra oil?
    I guess to avoid fouling the plugs though, but why it is good on the Optimax?
    Post #12

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Post #12
    Thanks. That's the post I found originally and the one that may me ask these questions, but only makes reference to Optimax outboards which is a 2 Stroke Direct Injected, my outboard is 2 stroke also, but carburated (2 + 2), that's why I'm asking the question in refereence of why not the extra oil in the cocktail.
    By the way, the Premium Plus Oil is the one I curently use, and the one the previous owner of the boat used. I'm considering going premix and bypass the oil pump to avoid damaging the outboard in case of a failure of the oil injection system.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flcusat View Post
    Thanks. That's the post I found originally and the one that may me ask these questions, but only makes reference to Optimax outboards which is a 2 Stroke Direct Injected, my outboard is 2 stroke also, but carburated (2 + 2), that's why I'm asking the question in refereence of why not the extra oil in the cocktail.
    By the way, the Premium Plus Oil is the one I curently use, and the one the previous owner of the boat used. I'm considering going premix and bypass the oil pump to avoid damaging the outboard in case of a failure of the oil injection system.
    You don't have fuel injectors in your carb'd engine and the oil in your engine is mixed with the fuel before it gets to the carbs and combustion chamber. This does not happen with Optimax engines. For your engine, use the cocktail and omit the extra oil as advised. From post #12:

This helps to lubricate fuel pumps and direct injectors (helping to retain injector performance, and potentially extend their life).
    Unlike your engine, oil never mixes with fuel in an Optimax and is reason for the recommendation to add some to the fuel at 150:1.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    You don't have fuel injectors in your carb'd engine and the oil in your engine is mixed with the fuel before it gets to the carbs and combustion chamber. This does not happen with Optimax engines. For your engine, use the cocktail and omit the extra oil as advised. From post #12:

Unlike your engine, oil never mixes with fuel in an Optimax and is reason for the recommendation to add some to the fuel at 150:1.
    Thank you very much for the clarification.

7. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12