Fiberglass fenders

I have a z8 with metal fenders on my trailer, I was wanting to get fiberglass fenders . I talked to tracker 2 times and 1person told me it can't be done and another said it could be changed out , so has anyone done this or have info ongoing from metal fenders to Fiberglass? I thought it was a unbolt one and bolt on the other?

2. Banned
    I wouldn't do that if I were you since the fiberglass ones tend to crack/ break fairly easy and they are very expensive to replace!

Never had one crack. Blown tires too.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    +1
    Never had one rust either...........

5. Banned
    Well I guess you guys have been lucky then. Just do a search on this site for cracked fiberglass fenders and see how many threads pop up about it!

Sure if u read the bad news and assume everyone has the same issues. Vast majority do not. Blown tires though will do the trick on all types of fenders.... Metal and fiberglass. And neither do well when they hit something.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Banned
    Sure if u read the bad news and assume everyone has the same issues. Vast majority do not. Blown tires though will do the trick on all types of fenders.... Metal and fiberglass. And neither do well when they hit something.
    I'm just speaking from personal experience from what I have seen on this site and in person. Every boat that I have seen in person that has the fiberglass fenders and isn't a garage queen has had similar issues. I rarely see any issues with the metal type fenders besides some rust and or dents but those two are fairly easy to fix and a lot cheaper too. Like I said just my experiences. I admit the fiberglass fenders look very nice but I wouldn't want the additional upkeep and expense.

Every boat with fiberglass fenders that u have seen has similar issues? Pretty strong statement. I have not laid eyes on one that was cracked, and have seen thousands. I mean I hear what you are saying, just don't think its as big of an issue as your statements make it sound like. Yes they can crack.

Again to each his own opinion is granted, got my first first boat with fiberglass fender in 2003, granted these were all Nitros, and probably blown 6 tires over the years on several boats, never cracked. Scratched them and took a chunk out of one or 2. I even hit the side of my garage a few times pulling it out. My search did not turn many Nitro fiberglass fenders that cracked.

Personal Experience and web experience applied.

Watch.... the next boat I own they will crack. :)
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Banned
    Lets hope not. Also I was referring to all makes, not just Nitros.

Yep........I agree.......

I do realize that the fiberglass is more prone to be damaged easier but I simply just like the way they look, I'm willing to deal with that issue.
    so that being said has anyone switched them out on same trailer or does anyone know if it can be done?

12. Member
    I understand this tread is from awhile ago. My 2019 Z21 has fiberglass fenders with the stock low profile wheels. After approximately 8 months of use I noticed cracks in the fiberglass. The boat was taken back to the dealer. They’re replacing all four leaf springs and the fender. The dealer told me that my Nitro wasn’t the first to have this issue.

13. Dogfish_Jones
    In my neck of the woods, all I see is broken fiberglass fenders and bent metal ones. Good old “Joe” will pull his rusty trailer all over yours when he is getting in or out of his parking spot. I have already had to replace and re-wire my back marker lights on my tailer(metal) from some Yahoo bashing into mine on the third time out to the lake.
    I will stick with metal around here. Way too many unconcerned guys that have no clue have to park or back up a trailer.

14. Member
    If I did it all over again I’d do stainless.

2019 Z21 Pro
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    G3 Humminbird Helix 12 SI Console
    G3 Humminbird Helix 12 SI Bow w/360
    Garmin 8610 w/Live Scope
    Ultrex 112/ 52”

James Tarzia Jr
    Tournament Director
    Naugatuck Bassmasters