Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Very nice offer!

"Anyway, I'm not trying to call anyone out with this but I told him that I'd passed many "80 mph" boats with me older Triton at 65 GPS. He chuckled, said, "Yeah that sounds just about right"."

3 weeks ago I was passed by a Honda CRV and a Tacoma while out driving my 206 MPH car, so that statement is meaningless.

My Wife is going with me today, she has zero experience drivng a bass boat at high speeds. I'll let her try it out today and report back.

If you are ever around Guntersville I will show you first hand what a properly setup 20 TRX will do and we can hopefully catch some big bass(that I cannot guarantee).

3. Member
    The secret to controlling chine walk is to never let it start. And I don't mean cruising below the speed at which it starts. I mean learning to "Feel" the attitude of the boat and compensate before it starts. And yes, that boat setup well will run in the low 70's fairly easy. A good driver could be a bit higher. The factory settings are middle of the road, "make it run for everyone" kind of setups. They are far from wringing the last ounce of performance from a hull. In fact most factories would rather you never run wide open or have high speed accidents. It causes their liabilty insurance to increase.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepDR View Post
    "Anyway, I'm not trying to call anyone out with this but I told him that I'd passed many "80 mph" boats with me older Triton at 65 GPS. He chuckled, said, "Yeah that sounds just about right"."

3 weeks ago I was passed by a Honda CRV and a Tacoma while out driving my 206 MPH car, so that statement is meaningless.

My Wife is going with me today, she has zero experience drivng a bass boat at high speeds. I'll let her try it out today and report back.

If you are ever around Guntersville I will show you first hand what a properly setup 20 TRX will do and we can hopefully catch some big bass(that I cannot guarantee).
    and another nice offer.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234