Thread: 93sv

93sv

I bought a 93sv this summer. I need to know if there is a transducer I can get to show depth at high speed . I lose depth after 7 or 8 mph.

2. Member
    You can get a thru hull transducer (P72 or P79), as well as a 'y' cable that connects to your 93. The Y cable allows you to plug the P72/P79 into it and the GT40 that came with the 93. Herr is a link to the "Y" cable you will need.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop...-12234-07.html
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

I have the same unit is you and I can maintain bottom contact well over 30 miles an hour with the GT40 transducer. Your transducer is not the problem, The transducer installation is. Adjust the transducer until it's about 1/8 of an inch below the hull and tilted forward about 5° .
    Good luck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    I have the same unit is you and I can maintain bottom contact well over 30 miles an hour with the GT40 transducer. Your transducer is not the problem, The transducer installation is. Adjust the transducer until it's about 1/8 of an inch below the hull and tilted forward about 5° .
    Good luck
    I run the same unit on a Lund Pro Guide at 34gps speed and get good bottom reading.