BBC SPONSOR

ChampioN Touch Pad Converion Kit

If any of you have the touch pads and want to convert to the switches, that kit is available again.
    At one time, I posted on here that it was no longer available. We finally discovered an alternative to replacing the touch pad as the original company that made those had discontinued them as well. That was Ohio Power Systems.
    I was just informed late yesterday that the kit to switch over to the rocker switches is available again. The current price on the kit is $1225.00.
    Give me a call if you want to order one.
    Thanks!!
    Carol
    Last edited by The Parts Mom / Carol; 12-13-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: addition info

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That was a very old post, Carol.....

I know I would convert if I had that touch pad. Was pleased to see they had gone back to rockers on the Elites.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I did not notice the date on it Lea. Thanks for pointing that out. Someone responded to that old post after I had made a comment and they have some for sale or call me for the kit. I'm with you. If I had the option of touch pad or switches I would go with the switches too. If a touch pad or components go out it could leave you stranded.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    If anyone is looking for one of these conversion kit, I ordered 2 in for specific customers. It took a little while to get the harnesses in but when they finally arrived I called the customers I ordered them for. I have not heard back from either of them in several months. One lucky guy called to see if he could order one and was tickled pink that I had one in stock. The second one I have is available to whoever is the first one to call ME and order it. Yes, you can get the BBC discount on this item. That's a pretty nice savings with it being Christmas time. Maybe someone will buy it for you for Christmas! :)
    Y'all stay warm!!

5. Member
    Good to know Carol thanks for updating us!

6. Member
    Carol,

Do you know how much it would cost to have this installed at C&O? I was able to get a PDF version of installation instructions and I'm not sure I have the time needed to do this myself. Everything is working fine on my touch panel right now, but I know my time is coming.

Thanks,
    Taylor

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I will have to check on that.

8. Member
    Thanks Carol! You and the whole C&O family are awesome! My 2007 200 still has the C&O stickers on it from the original owner who bought it off the showroom floor.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Awe, that's cool! Probably need to update them. I talked to the boss about this last night, He has never seen the email that was sent to me on the process of the conversion. Considering there is a wiring harness involved, he said he would be leery of just coming up with a figure off the top of his head. He said Champions are difficult for the wiring, need to take a lot of stuff off to get to all of that and then it depends on the boat and what all is in the back and accessories, etc, etc. I sent him the email so he could take a look at it when he has time. HA! Maybe someone on here has done it and can give us an idea of what all it entailed. Would you like for me to send you the email?

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    From what I've seen, the entire MegaLink wiring harness has to be removed and replaced with the one for the analog switches. Definitely not plug-n-play ...

11. Member
    I have the PDF instructions, they are not the most detailed especially on the harness install, but are better than going in blind.

Thanks,
    Taylor

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stvinson View Post
    I have the PDF instructions, they are not the most detailed especially on the harness install, but are better than going in blind.

Thanks,
    Taylor
    Did I send them to you? I thought someone told me the email I had was pretty detailed with pictures and all!
    They are the ones I sent. So It helps but it's not as thorough as it could be??? Someone sent them to me so I thought they would be helpful to hang onto and pass on.
    Last edited by The Parts Mom / Carol; 12-26-2017 at 03:41 PM.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    From what I've seen, the entire MegaLink wiring harness has to be removed and replaced with the one for the analog switches. Definitely not plug-n-play ...
    No, it is not as simple as the conversion kit for the Tritons that I have.
    I have an email with the "destructions" if anyone wants it, email me at candoparts@yahoo.com

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I still have one of these in stock if anyone is interested. Price thru the end of Jan 2018 only will be 12% off.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    This one has been put on hold for a member. If he gets it, I will put another one on order. It seems to take a little extra time to get the harness in. So long as they are still willing to get them made, I will try to continue getting them.