Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wow and thanks!

2. Member
    Had similar issue with UPS. When I received the insured MK Maxxum trolling motor (shipped in a MK Terrova box) the plastic head was busted in several places. Seller contacted shipper and they told him I needed to send them pics of box and damaged head, which I did. Two days later they got my phone number and told me UPS would contact me. When UPS contacted me the first thing they asked was did I keep the box and I told them no I didn't know I was supposed to. At that point I was told in no uncertain terms that UPS would no longer talk to me about the claim and they would contact the original shipper and I could take the matter up with them but I was not to contact them again. Waiting to hear from original shipper but I'm to old to hold my breath so I replaced the head and I'm going fishing. Thinking about doing a social media post about UPS and their customer service.

3. Member
    I am going thru this now. I have a fedex account. I have a friend in n indiana selling a 80lb fortrex to friend in new hampshire. He took his box to fedex at 65x18x18 and weighed 90lbs. They wanted 270. Way too much. I told them i would use my fedex account to c what i could come up with. Using those dimensions i came up with a price of 200. I changed the weight from 90 to 65 and it only changed the price to 199. a dollar difference. I then changed the box dimensions to 65x16x16 and it dropped to 100 bucks. So if you can cut the size of the box down a couple inches it can drastically change the price. I have had fedex back charge me once for a shipment that must have been different than what they determined so beware. It is always cheaper doing it with your own account. print up the label stick it on the box and schedule a pickup t your house for a 3 or 4 dollar charge. Way too easy. Very easy to setup your own account at fedex. I use it all the time.

4. Member
    I shipped a 36volt Motorguide 45" trolling motor using the UPS store insured for $900. & it cost me less than $100.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    We ship and receive trolling motors from all over the US. The ship to address and box size helps to determine cost. Do as Stretch says and pack it yourself, then drop if off at a FedEX location. The box cannot go over 129" when you add the length, 2xwidth and 2xdepth, else you will be charged for a virtual weight instead of the actual weight. Do not take it to a "ship it" center to do it for you.
    Went online to a Fedex site that provides their nearby locations. I selected "drop off sites". Here's what was listed: authorized shipping center, Fedex on site, ship on site, ship site and Drop Box. Based on your instructions I should take the T.M. to a "Fedex on site" and exclude all the others. . Is that correct? The typical locations for an on site around here are Dollar General and Walgreens.

6. Member
    Where would be a good place to locate a box for shipping a TM?
    Last edited by txnupe2010; 05-14-2020 at 09:46 AM.

7. Member
    I can tell you what not to do. I had a guy wanting to buy mine but required shipping. I said let me get a quote. Checked the weight on line of it (Ultrex) and measured the trolling motor and added 2" on each measurement for a box and went to local UPS store on 2/2/23. They quoted me $430.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12